eighteen

"Did you guys bump into each other?" I asked, my words flying out of my mouth. "He didn't see me," Ethan replied and I let out the breath that I did not realize I was holding.

"What were you guys doing?" Ethan frowned, walking to where I was standing. "We were studying," I told him, signaling to the notes on the table.

"Are you sure you aren't doing anything kinky?" He asked with a scoff and I rolled my eyes. "Then why didn't you tell me when you called just now?" He questioned, propping himself up on the dining table in front of me.

"Cos you're gonna make a big fuss over him," I shrugged. "I did not," he denied. "You so did," I retorted. "Do you want me to list down the times when you did?" I challenged and Ethan adverted his eyes. "Fine," he admitted. "Why the big fuss over him anyway?" I asked with raised brows and Ethan shrugged.

I walked closer to him and placed my arms on the table at his sides before mimicking what he did to me the day before. "Are you by any chance, jealous?" I repeated his line. The tables had turn and I smirked to see shock registered in Ethan's eyes for a split second before a smirk presented itself.

Huh?

"Not bad Stewart, not bad," he said wrapping an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, gently so as not to hurt my injured foot.

"I try, Ford," I replied with a flip of my hair, before moving away from him. I heard Ethan chuckling behind me as I limped to the sofa and turned on the tv.

"Do you wanna make a bet with me?" Ethan asked, taking a seat on the sofa beside me. "What bet?" I questioned, curious. "A tub of ice cream. Let's see who can finish the tub of ice cream first," he told me. "The loser has to do what the winner wants," he continued. My brows shot up. "Are you up for it?" He challenged and I found myself nodding at his request.

Oh boy. What am I getting myself into?

"At the count of three," Ethan instructed as we each held a tub of ice cream in front of us. Mine was vanilla bean flavored while Ethan's was chocolate.

"3, 2, 1," as soon as Ethan said the last number, we both dug into the ice cream.

*

"I shouldn't have agreed," I pouted, holding my tub of ice cream with a few scoops left while Ethan had already emptied his. "You have to do what I want," Ethan announced triumphantly while I stuffed down the remaining ice cream.

"Fine, what do you want?" I asked, setting down the empty tub on the coffee table. "I want...to hold a party here," he smirked while my jaw dropped. "Are you serious? Who's gonna do the cleaning?" I asked, widening my eyes.

"Who else?" Ethan gave me a smug look and I let out a huff, conceding. "When?" I asked him, shoulders slumping and he happily replied, "tomorrow." "My friends are coming over to get the stuff ready for the party. You can come as a guest," he continued. "Can I ask my friends along too?" I asked, a little hopeful. "Okay," he agreed and my spirits lifted a little.

*

"You aren't gonna get ready?" Ava asked, adjusting her outfit in the mirror. I rolled around in her bed and threw a pillow over my face. "I'm too lazy. I'll go get ready in five," I told her, my voice muffled by the pillow. Thanks to Ethan, I was not able to step into my apartment for the whole day today. I came begging for a place to stay at three in the morning. In other words, Ethan chased me out of the house by waking me up after I had fallen asleep for three hours. That jerk. Couldn't he have the courtesy to wake me up at seven or something.

"Come on, get up," Zoey urged, pulling me out of bed. She came over to Ava's house three hours ago to get ready for the party with the both of us. "Fine," I relented and climbed out of the warm comforters. I walked over to Ava's closet and picked out a pair of black jeans and a grey halter top.

"You're so conservative," Ava commented after seeing my choice of outfit. "I'll never understand what's going on in that head of yours. You're the one with the best figure among us," Zoey shook her head and I poked my tongue at them before changing into Ava's clothes.

After I was done, I let down my wavy hair and picked out a pair of sandals that were flat so as not to worsen my sprained ankle. Thankfully, Ava and I had the same shoe size, otherwise, I'll have to wear my bedroom slippers to the party. In my daze this morning, I accidentally wore my kitten slippers out when Ethan rushed me out of the house.

I surveyed my outfit in the full length mirror and gave myself a small nod. I was satisfied with how I look.

Ava was wearing a halter ribbed black dress which ended mid thigh while Zoey was wearing a crop ribbed dusty pink sleeveless top and white ripped shorts to go with it (without the cardigan).

"What're you gonna do at the party?" Zoey asked, signaling to my injury and I shrugged, "guess i'll just laze around or eat." "At a party?" Ava asked skeptically and I nodded. "I'm gonna make myself feel at home," i beamed and took out my phone after I heard my sms ringtone.

Ethan: I'll be kind today. Is there anything you want to eat?

I scoffed. Kind?

Me: You kicking me out of the house early this morning wasn't kind at all.

Ethan's reply came within seconds.

Ethan: I'm trying to be kind here. I'll give you five seconds.

Shoot. That jerk.

Me: S'mores:)

I smiled, naming a food that I know would take some effort to get.

Ethan: I'm not having a bbq or campfire. How the hell am I supposed to get you s'mores?

Me: Idk. You asked. I answered.

Ethan: Fine. Just you wait.

I laughed silently to myself. I'm looking forward to see how Ethan's going to get his hands on some s'mores.

"What're you laughing about?" Ava looked at me curiously and I shook my head, "just waiting to see how someone's gonna fulfill his promise." Ava raised her brows, not getting what I was on about but left it at that as she got her car keys from her drawer.

"Are you all ready?" Ava called out to us and Zoey and I nodded. With that, we left for the party.