Chapter Twenty-Three

Quick Note: How yummy is Joe Manganiello when he looks angry heheh *winks*. Wow I have been able to update daily for three chapters now. Don't expect this to keep up though haha I am just on a really good roll right now. =D Enjoy it while it lasts though I still prefer to update at least every other day or two. Enjoy lovies! Oh P.S. want to see if you all catch something in the beginning of the chapter hahahaha.

*

*

Evan’s POV

*

This is so difficult. I waited to hear the click of a lock before I turned to walk back to my car.

Every part of me screamed saying no go back, pound on her door to let you in and ravish her all night long. I wanted to, badly.

It wasn’t that time yet.

I wanted her therapy to be over with before we went to that level. Before I made her mine…and she will be mine.

I couldn’t, didn’t want to put a name to what Sonja is doing to me. All I knew is it felt right, it felt good. She is all and everything I have ever wanted.

Why did she enter my life in the form of a patient? How had the universe managed to pull that one off?

Finally, I started my car to drive home feeling stable enough to do so. I thoroughly enjoyed the date with her. Shit, how am I going to last a month without exploring her further. The ache for Sonja, I felt all over and through me.

Once I got home I immediately stripped and started a shower, a scolding hot one. I was tired, but I still needed to wash away this…arousal. It was frustratingly difficult to let go of her and stop her from inviting me inside. I wanted to feel her all over and around me. Ugh.

I blinked as I washed it all away, the tension dissolved…for now.

Extreme tiredness set in and I flopped onto my bed naked, hair still wet and fell right to sleep knowing she would torture me some more in my dreams.

*

I stared blankly as the barista made my coffee. The morning is a dreary rainy one and I still felt half asleep as I waited for the caffeine I needed to start my day.

Thank god it’s Friday.

Luckily, I didn’t need to go to the construction site tomorrow. For once I would have a weekend free. Not something I have had the luxury of in a long time. It would give me some time to sort out my feelings for Sonja.

Everything that has been happening has got me so worked up. One thing that surprised me is how easily she accepted what happened in my past. I expected her to run and why I didn’t speak of the details when she first asked. Yes I didn’t like talking about it in general, but with Sonja…it made me fear losing her.

When I realized I didn’t want to lose Sonja, it took me off guard and I needed a moment to find a way to tell her my story. Then Sonja surprised me again by putting it together with vague information and she had thought she had done something wrong.

She is absolutely an enigma. Most people would just judge and run.

“Jacobs,” the barista called my name.

“Here,” I squeezed through the morning crowd to get my coffee and quickly left the packed café.

Time to go to work, though I don’t know how much I would get done today.

At the office, I spoke with the receptionist who gave me my messages. Mostly they were new appointments, my daily schedule, as well as cancellations. When I had same day cancellations, which is usually at least one a day, I used that hour to go work out at the gym across the street.