Chapter 2

"Cookies are better than brownies. It's a known fact."

"Brownies are better because more chocolate, more fun."

"More fun? You mean we'll get sick of it."

The two figures approaching me were a young man and woman that seemed to be arguing. The guy was tall and built, with curly hair and a grinning face. The woman was a little shorter than him, and looked to be of Asian descent, with an in your face bubble gum pink hair.

My heart sped because I noticed them to be werewolves. No regular human was that built or had that much of an athletic build to them. They could also be tracking me down.

I was going to make a beeline for it.

"I knew I smelled something," the young woman's voice from behind me said. I froze and turned slowly around with her crossing her arms and standing just a few feet away from me. They both seemed to be around my age, looking at them more closely.

"Meg, you can't just tell people they smell," the young man looked at me and there was something about his good-natured smile that made me want to trust him. But I couldn't trust anyone. Alpha Trent probably had the entire pack look out for me. Or he called any other packs. I just needed to tell someone of my predicament, but I couldn't let the risk of someone else being in danger also. My life, folks.

"Shut up Bo," the girl, Meg, says. Bo just smiles at her and turns to me.

"Look, we know you're a werewolf, so all you have to do is come with us since you're in our territory. Procedure stuff."

"W-what?" I croak like a frog. Wow, nice going for me. Two points for Gryffindor.

"You're trespassing, and you need to have the Alpha's approval to go past his lands," Meg snaps at me.

"Which land am I in?" I ask. All they needed to tell me was not where I was from.

"The Noctis Luna Pack," Bo answers.

My heart drops. There wasn't much known about Noctis Luna. In fact, the only thing I know is about their Alpha who everyone calls a demon. This pack keeps to themselves and no one really knows much about them. They were just one big mystery to everyone. Whether they want to keep it that way is what makes them dangerous. And some packs fearful.

"Okay," I say giving in. It's not like I had a choice to say no by the way they were looking at me. Or more like the way Meg is glaring at me. As long as they're not working for Alpha Trent, I guess that is good. Maybe this is stupid to give in, but I'm tired. Just so tired and hungry.

They both start walking ahead of me and I think they expected me to follow, so I did.

"That was easier than I expected. Usually Rogues make a run for it," Meg says in front of me. I swallow because this is what I am now, I suppose. A Rogue wolf. A black Mercedes was parked at the edge of the parking lot, and Bo opened the door for me. I got in, feeling helpless and lost.

Alphas usually hate Rogues. No, not usually. They always hated Rogues. I'm probably going to be put in some dungeon and get tortured and die.

"What's your policy on Rogues?" I ask Bo as he gets in the passenger's seat and Meg sits in the drivers seat. She starts the car, and we're going to wherever they live. The place is so foreign and strange I have no idea where they're taking me. I think if they were going to kill me they would have done so but maybe they're going to just kill me in the woods so no humans would see. Yup, that would be what they might do to me. And I was the dumb person to follow.

He glances at me and smiles, "Don't worry, our Alpha Lance doesn't keep any prison for them."

"What?" I gawk at him. Every Alpha kept a prison for Rogues. No wolf was keen on someone trespassing their land.