Chapter 4

Thasss Meg up there

XXXXXXXXXX

The great thing is, no one knows what I'm up to. The bad thing is, no one knows what I'm up to.

So, let's say if I died on my way escaping from Meg, no one would know. Lance would probably hate me, and not care. My parents and sister would think I'm dead probably. Julia would hold the funeral for me. She knows exactly what I want.

Lance, being true to his word, told Meg to take me to the mall.

Currently, I am in the car with Meg. I think the awkward silence will kill me, so I turn on the radio.

"If you even think about putting country music on the radio, I will kick you out of the car," Meg warns me when we get on the road.

"Would you look at that, we have something in common," I say, patting my jean pocket to make sure the $200 the nice Uber lady gave me was still there.

Also, my fully charged iPhone was there in my pocket too. I'm using Uber again and this time to get out of the mall. There was literally eighty five missed calls from my parents, my sister Lisa and my best friend Julia. Also a ton of text messages about how they were fine but worried about me a lot. I sent out a group text message to all of them saying I'm alive and fine. Julia sent me in code that I shouldn't call anyone because they could track me. That's on some like CIA crap right there, so I didn't even though I wanted to hear there voices and see if they were okay.

Also, that was the last usage of my data so I need some free wifi now.

"Any person with a brain should hate country music," Meg says, and I stop at a station to the latest hit song. Currently, it was Closer by Chainsmokers. That song really makes me want to own a Rover.

The rest of the car ride was met in silence.

I hated awkward silences. It made me want to fill in the empty air, but there was something about Meg that shut me up.

We were never going to be best friends anyways.

"Welp here it is," Meg says, and I turn to look at her side where a huge Macy's was. "It's decent. Doesn't have anything fancy." Meg turns into where the Macys was. She looked for a parking spot, and parked in the middle of the huge lot. There were a lot of cars here, so...

"It's a Saturday," I exclaim as we get out of the car. Meg just gives me the stank face like, "are you stupid?"

"Oh yeah," Meg digs in her Kate Spade purse, "I was told to give you this," she gives me a credit card that was black. Like those really fancy credit cards you could only dream of having? She was just handing it to me.

"I can't take this," I say, gawking at her.

"You're the Luna. There's no way Lance is going to make you pay for anything," Meg says matter of factly. Like it wasn't a really kind gesture- from Lance. The mate of mine I was running away from. The one who showed me nothing but kindness. It would be easier if he showed behaviors of a normal Alpha. That way, I would be willing to leave.

"I-I have money," I tell her.

"Can you just take it? Lance said if you don't, I'll have to wrestle you or something."

I grin a little, "You'd win."

"Heck yeah I would." Meg juts out her hand. "Take. It."

I hesitate when I reach over and take the sheek black card. Lance's name is simply put on the card. Lance Stryder.