Chapter 7

Recap:

Alpha Trent: ex-Alpha of Ava's-----> Red Moon pack

Alpha Steven: Cousin of Trent - - - - - ->  Blood Moon pack

Alpha Paxon: His mate, Vanessa died by Steven-------> some pack from the North

Alpha Lance: Ava's mate------> Noctis Luna pack

XXXXXXXXXXXX

I couldn't go to sleep at night, so I woke up at the crack of dawn, and went downstairs.

No one was in the kitchen yet, but I knew where some stuff were. Like, the snack cabinet that was Bo's. Or how Cook made me cookies, and they were in the cookie jar.

I eye the cookie jar on the dining table, but decide that I want something that is more healthy. Naturally, that means Fruit Loops, so I grab a bowl, a spoon and pour my cereal to the top with the milk. I scroll through my phone. My service got cut off, but I still had wifi and other means to get in contact, but my parents hadn't texted me, my sister Lisa hadn't either. Nor Julia.

Sighing, I play some music on my phone as I wash my bowl and spoon. Sia's "Chandelier" was playing. 

After I was done, I twirled around acting like the ballerina person in the music video until I hear a deep voice say, "Meredith?" which makes me crash into a hard body.

"Ack!" I say, my eyes meeting glorious blue ones, and his strong arms held me into place. Too soon did he let me go. I really really hope he didn't see me make a fool of myself dancing. My best friend tells me I just need a lot of practice.

I clear my throat,"Uh, eh, why are you so up early?" The real question was why was I up this early? No one in their right mind would willingly be up at this time. 

Except for Lance and I at this moment, it seems.

"Just some Rogue that was someone's mate in my pack this morning," Lance answers me, sidestepping me and grabbing a glass of milk to pour for himself.

"Alphas usually hate Rogues," I tell him, narrowing my eyes at him, trying to figure him out. 

"I find it a bit ridiculous that they have hatred towards them. Not all Rogues are evil," Lance glances at me, as if to say, 'like you'.

"Alphas hate that they trespass their lands."

"Only the really illogical Alphas are the ones that imprison them for no reason. A logical Alpha would know that not everyone knows where exactly the borders are. Border patrol is not going to always be there. Again, all Rogues aren't evil. They're misguided and they're mainly lost."

"I saw something that may have looked like a dungeon or prison, but it seems like you haven't been using it," I note.

"I don't use it," Lance nods. I bite my lip as a brilliant idea came to me.

"Do you know what you can use that area for?" I ask, grinning at him. His eyebrows knitted, looking at me like I'm a puzzle. I'm not that hard to read. I'm so easy to please: just give me sushi, pizza or ice cream and I'm a happy camper.

"What?" Lance asks, tilting his head slightly.

"A pool," I couldn't stop grinning, and I swear I see his lips twitch a fraction.

"Oh yes, a pool Bo coerced you into."

"Not true! I want one too. Bo and I will make such good use to it! We'll use it everyday!" I promise. My heart feels a little heavy because I'm thinking about this permanently. I said it without even thinking how I need to get out of here before anything worse off happens.