Chapter Two {Levy's POV}

I hope y'all are okay with a little time skip before the drama and shit starts, imma start writing from Gajeel's POV soon so yea! hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

___________________________________________________________________________________

I lay on the soft grass of the football field, just staring up into the sky as tears dripped down my cheeks. Next to me sat a black backpack filled with some money, my phone and earphones, and clothing to last a week or two.

The reason that I'm here is because my dad kicked me out of the house, after he brutally beat my mother to the point of hospitalization, and blamed it all on me. Now there is only a thirty-five percent chance that she will live due to extreme head trauma, broken bones, and internal bleeding.

Of course my Dad had lied and said she fell down the stairs, and now he will be left to keep doing the same damn thing if she does make it out alive, I would have called the police but they would never listen because I have a 'History' of calling and claiming my father was abusive, all of which they listen to him deny such a thing and blame it on my active imagination.

I just laid there, right in the center of the grassy field, glad that football season hadn't started yet.

Just then, I saw the people I wanted to see least in the world, Natsu and his little Clique.

"Someone said that they saw you here." Lucy said snickering.

I didn't respond, willing the tears to stop so they wouldn't see me crying.

"What are you even doing? You look so stupid right now just laying in the grass." She said kicking me in the side. she continued spewing insults and I screwed my eyes closed.

"Whore." Kick.

"Lowlife scum." Kick.

"Nasty crusty ass bitch." I braced myself for another kick, when a voice suddenly cut into the conversation, though it seemed  a little farther away.

"What the fuck are you doing?" A deep voice asked, laced with anger and a twinge of concern. I winced, not sure what part was directed towards me.

"Why do you care?" Gray spoke up, walking forwards and purposely stepping on my hair, making me shiver. I squinted my eyes slightly to see a very tall person with a muscular build and spiky hair, bells went off in my head but my mind wouldn't register where I knew him from.

"You're kicking the shit out of her! She isn't even fighting back do you people not even a little decency?" He growled, pushing gray backwards and knocking him off of my hair.

"We definitely have more decency then you! You beat people up all the time! Why is it such a bad thing if we beat someone up a bit?" Natsu said stepping forwards.

"Its different Natsu, The people who I fight, start with me, give me a reason to bash their teeth in!" He said angrily, hatred towards Natsu evident in his voice.

"We have a reason too!" Lucy said stepping up next to Natsu. "She's ugly! We're just trying to help her realize how disgusting she is!" Lucy said as if her reasoning was perfectly innocent.

"Who the hell are you to decide who's ugly or not? Get the fuck out of here Blondie, your reasoning is invalid." He growled.

"Hey don't talk to Lucy like that Metal-Head!" Natsu said, taking a swing at Gajeel. What Natsu didn't see coming was Gajeel catching his fist and flipping him, smashing him into the ground and leaning down towards his face.

"Scram." He said darkly, kicking Natsu as he got back up and watching as they all ran away to a car parked next to the field.

I couldn't believe my eyes, not only did some random guy come and beat the shit out of Natsu, but he did it for me.

"Are you ok?" He asked and I turned my head and looked at him, surprised to see him kneeling down next to me and offering me his hand.

"I'm fine, thank you." I said as I got up on my own and grabbed my bag as I went to walk away, swiping at my eyes as I felt them start to tear up.

"Wait where are you going?" He said running up to me and falling into step next to me.

"Away." I said with no emotion.

"Um, OK. Can I at least know your name? I'm Gajeel." He said sticking out his hand, which I ignored.

"Look I really appre-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. I kneeled down and slung my bag from my shoulder, looking at the caller idea.

"Dad?" I asked confused on why he was calling me after kicking me out.

"She's dead." He said coldly and I almost choked.

"W-what?" I asked and he repeated himself.

"Your mothers dead, all because of you." He said and proceeded to tell me the time, date, and location of her funeral.

"I still don't want to see you after that, so don't even think about talking to me when you arrive." He said and hung up.

My arm went limp and fell to the ground, tears streaming down my face. "N-no..." I whispered.

"Are you ok?" Gajeel asked kneeling next to me and putting his hand on my shoulder, causing me to wince because of a heavy bruise that was there.

"I-I have to go." I said grabbing my bag and got up, brushing his hand off and running towards the hospital, leaving him kneeling in the grass.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I know its shitty but I'm doing my best! please leave some nice comments! feedback is nice! hope y'all enjoy!