Chapter 6 {Lucy's POV}

OOOOOooooOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOooooOOooooooOOOooooOoOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOoO

________________________________________________________________________________

It's not that I don't want to go to the funeral, it just doesn't feel right. 

And I know the only one to blame for that is myself. I, and only I, had decided to follow the crowd, leave my best friend behind, and contribute to ruining her life, just so mine wouldn't get ruined as well. 

It was a selfish thing for me to have done, but its to late to stop now. She hates me, and has every right too. 

I knew about her insecurities, I knew that something odd was going on with her family, yet I still left her all alone. I used the things she hadn't about herself to get to her. I hate myself for the things I've done. But there isn't a way i can fix this, so for some stupid reason, I just, keep going along with it.

I guess I really am desperate for acceptance. 

"LUCY." Dad yelled from downstairs. "WE HAVE TO GO WE ARE GOING TO MISS THE SERVICE." 

I quickly grabbed my small purse and rushed downstairs, climbing into the car and clicking the seat belt as I drifted to my thoughts again. 

My nose was throbbing slightly, I had never expected Levy to have so much power, but I deserved it, I was being cold-hearted, as that's the only way I ever seem to be  nowadays.

I hadn't told my parents the truth about how it had happened. They didn't need to know the truth, and anyways, they bought my little fib about smashing into a door, along with everyone at school, or so I hope. 

I had tried so hard to break away from the crowd, but my fear of being beaten and tossed aside had gotten the best of me, and then I met Natsu, he was just a follower, like everyone else.

But he wasn't exactly like everyone else. He cared about me. We became the King and the Queen of the school. And sometimes I wonder of it was worth it, if any of it was worth it, leaving Levy, becoming someone I had never wanted to be. 

I'm cut short as the car stops, and my Dad opens the door for me and my mother. 

My heart twists in pain as I walk in to see Levy, grasping onto her mothers limp hand, sobbing wildly as she let her body droop to the floor. Her father stood a few feet away, glaring at her with hatred in his eyes.

Aside from her and her dad, my family are the only other people there.

I sit in the back as my father goes to greet hers, and my mother goes to look at the casket from a little behind Levy, enough to not disturb the smallish teen as she cried violently.

A few moments later my mother walked next Levy and knelt next to her, placing a hand on the bluenette's shoulder.

Levy looked up alarmed at first, but as she recognized it was my mother, she broke down all over again, allowing my mother to wrap her arms around her and pull her into a hug, rubbing her back rhythmically. 

I felt the smile grow upon my face at the sight, my mother had been like  a second mother too her, and she gave her enough love to make up from the love she lacked from her own parents, and more. 

Another wave of guilt washed over me as I realized that was yet another thing that I had taken away from her. 

'I may have done a lot of horrible things to her, but from now on, I'm going to change. I'm done living in this false world. I will make it up to you Levy, I swear it upon my life.' I thought, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them to see a few men coming in to close the casket.

Levy was struggling against the grasp of my parents, as her father seemed to have disappeared somewhere. 

She was screaming, pleading for them to let her have a few more moments with her. Tears where falling down her cheeks, leaving little spots on the ground.

I couldn't help but let out a few tears as I watched my mother try to clam her down, a few moments later she had been reduced to a small ball, shaking and sobbing on the ground. 

I got up and walked over. kneeling down next to Levy and pulling her head into my lap and rocking her gently. I nodded to my parents, letting them know that we would be out in a few moments to head to the grave. 

I watched them walk out as gently stroke her hair. 

"I regret it all Levy, I regret it all so much." I said, my breath catching in my throat. "You, you don't deserve any of this, and I know I've been horrible to you, and I have no right to be trying to apologize to you, but I'm putting an end to this, all this torment you've endured, it stops here. And I know it doesn't take away of the pain, but I just want you to know, I'm here. And I'm never leaving you, never again." 

She didn't respond, but I knew she had gotten the message. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I really hope ya'll enjoyed this because I actually started crying while writing it.

I've also been playing a mini kazoot  that I got from Chucke Cheese (yes i know much thug so wowe) to the beat of a bunch of songs by Birdy...

-Your favorite Kazoot player