Chapter Twenty Two - Legacy

______________________________

 "What are you doing here?" Lucas growled. "You can't be here, you have to go home."

Miranda stopped right in front of us, still smiling. Lucas was glaring in her direction as he waited for her to speak. "I snuck into the car while you were getting the others. I wasn't going to let you leave me behind, especially if they were going to kill her." She gestured to me.

"They wouldn't have killed her." Lucas growled again, "I wouldn't have let that happen."

"The point." She rolled her eyes, "Is that I don't want to right now. They were furious that they had crossed the land in the first place. They tighten security on the boards, planning to kill."

"Besides." She grinned, "I'm already here."

Lucas growled and my eyes shifted to Damien, who was to my immediate left. He was staring wide eyed at Randi, the look I've seen so many times around...mates. They were mates?!

Miranda laughed but it was cut short when he eyes connected with Damien's.

Lucas shook his head and grabbed my hand, "Would you mind showing us the rooms?" He asked Rex and Penny.

Penny smiled with a nod but Rex was the one who spoke. "Sure. Right this way."

He led us through the familiar house and smirked when we were at the room I had occupied last time I was here. "You'll remember this Rose." The room was exactly the same as it had been months ago. "We figured you'd guys share a room."

"You figured correct." Lucas nodded, his anger from Miranda's appearance was still coming through his features and voice.

"Thank you Rex!" I stepped forward and gave him a quick hug and then took Penny into my arms, "Thank you Pen." I laughed.

They both smiled and left me alone with a seething mate. "Lucas, if she wants to be here.." I began.

"She can't be here." He shook his head, "She's not safe with us! We just started a new pack, we haven't proven ourselves yet. We're in danger every second. I have to make sure you're safe and now I have to keep an eye on her too?"

"Lucas." I told him softly as I approached him, his shoulders were hunched as he growled. I brushed my fingertips over his skin and he shivered, "She has a mate now. He'll keep her safe."

His Honey eyes were staring at mine in intense way that caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach. "Rosie." He sighed with the shake of his head. "She's my sister, my parents will be devastated we both left."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, this had been my fault anyway. "I just can't keep myself from hurting you." I felt the tears leak as my voice choked up. "I'm such a horrible mate. I'm so, so sorry."

"Baby." Lucas cooed, he was calm with a hint of sadness as he grabbed my face gently in his hands. "I love you. I don't blame you for the family you were born into. And I was the first person who wanted to run away so don't blame yourself for this."

I nodded my head but I still had a guilty feeling spreading through me. He caught me by surprise when he brought his lips to me. His lips seemed to caress mine gently and lovingly while his hand did the same to my face.

"Lucas." I breathed.

He groaned and pushed my hair behind my ears as he stared at my lips. "Please." He whispered leaning in again. "Don't leave me."

I gripped the hair at the base of his neck and pulled him closer bringing our lips together again. How could I ever leave him?

We were at dinner a few hours later when Rex being Rex brought up Lucas and I in front of everyone.

"That is officially your room whenever you visit and no one else can ever stay in there." Rex laughed over the table in a loud voice.

My eyes narrowed at him but I could feel my face growing hotter as tons of amused eyes were on me. "For your information." I hissed lowly, "We didn't do anything."

"Not saying you did, just letting you know that the room's yours." Rex laughed again. Penny smiled and leaned into his side.

"It's okay Rose." Penny smiled, "I wanted you to have a room here so you could visit often. You were the first real friend I ever had. You mean a lot to me, to us." She told me as she grabbed Rex hand.

"You guys are welcome here anytime." Rex confirmed.

"Thank you." I smiled and looked to Lucas who was watching his sister and Damien laughing.

"She's going to be alright, you know that, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He sighed, "Yeah." He muttered again as he placed a lingering kiss on my temple. "I love you."

"Thank you so much!" I told Penny and Rex for what felt like the thousandth time. The car was all packed and our pack was lingering by the car waiting for us to join them. "I'll call you when I get my new phone." I told Penny as I wrapped her in another hug.

"Don't forget to mention my name when you guys take a look at the territory." Rex reminded Lucas who nodded and the information with a grateful smiled. "Take care of the little sister I never wanted."

I grinned and placed my arms around him again as well. "Rex I swear if Penny calls me and you've done something." I scolded when I was facing him again.

"I wouldn't dream of doing anything." Rex shook his head, holding Penny to his side tightly, "But if I did I'd expect nothing less."

After a long goodbye we were actually getting into the car. I didn't want to leave Penny's and Rex's house.

"Don't worry Baby." Lucas intertwined our hands together as he started down the driveway and he placed a kiss on the back of my hand making me smile. "I got you."

Lucas and I were now on our way to starting our own pack, our own family with only a handful of Omega skilled members to help us.

This was just the beginning of our legacy, our story. 

Okay.... I know that this is sudden and totally (maybe not totally) unexpected. The End. Or at least a break. I just don't think this story was everything I wanted it to be so I just need to collect my thoughts and possibly write more chapters to this story later..

The good news? I have ideas for a sequel if/when, I want to write them again. But I might start it up again under this story when I see that it fits, so keep your eyes peeled if you want to read more. With the possibility of Logan making appearances because we love him sooooo much..:P (Gross

Thank you  for supporting me even with a shitty end such as this.. Comment if you totally hate me and or this idea...(Please don't hate me.) :)