Chapter Six - Greenhouse

_______________________

My dad freaked, as to be expected I suppose. He even went as far as ordering three guards to watch my every move.

I groaned as I waited for the approval of my fathers so I could run to the store, and a few other shops.

Even though I know it annoyed him that I wanted to leave the house, he couldn’t have been happier as he agreed to let me go about my day as planned. “Daniel and Chris will be accompanying you.” He told me just as I was about to leave.

“Dad.” I groaned again, “I’m just running to the store.”

“Evan can go with too if you like.” He grinned shuffling the papers on his desk.

“Fine.” I huffed and stomped back into the house. Dan and Chris were waiting by the car as I came out ten minutes later. “I’m sorry you have to watch me.” I apologize.

Dan rolled his eyes and Chris refused to look at me. They still didn’t like me, figures. Chris drove to the outlet mall and parked in the middle. As I got out they followed, “You don’t have to come, I know you guys would rather be doing anything else than being here with me and that’s fine. You can leave, get some ice cream, I don’t care really. Just pick me up in an hour.”

They exchanged a look and nodded, “An hour, right here.” They glared.

“Got it.” I agreed and walked away. Making my way through the first store I didn’t find anything I wanted nor needed so I moved on. In the third store I caught the most amazing scent of my life and looked around the room.

He was easy to spot, with his brown hair and infectious smile. I bit back a growl as I noticed that he was with the girl from the library the other day. Oh how I wanted to rip off her head.

Did I really need anything from this store? Yes. Believe it or not this was the store that I actually came here for. I shuffled my way to the side and sifted through the racks, trying to pretend I didn’t notice that Lucas was staring a hole in the side of my head.

Finally my resolved broke and glanced at him. I thought I saw his eyes sparkle for a moment before his gaze was redirected to a shirt the girl had been holding up for his approval.

“I love it babe.” I heard him tell her. I dropped my selections I picked out on the floor in surprise and quickly bent down to pick them up. I decided that I’d spent enough time in the store and brought my things over to the counter to pay.

“All set?” The girl asked kindly and I nodded as I pulled out my card and handed it to her. She noticed how anxious I was and bagged my purchases swiftly. I gave her a quick thank you and left the store without a glance at Luke.

Once I was outside I finally let out the breath that I’d been holding the entire time before I made my way to the ice cream stand off to the side. Waiting in line, the sun beat down on my face and I let a smile slip across my lips.