Chapter One - Repercussions

 _________________

“Rosie!” His husky voice greeted me by my locker. How many times did I have to tell him? I don’t want a mate! My wolf growled, clearly annoyed with me, she wanted him. Bad.

I flipped my brown wavy hair over my shoulder and walked right past him. I didn’t need anything from my locker, it wasn’t like I was going to actually do my homework anyway. “Rose, wait up.” He called following after me, still not getting the hint.

“Fisher.” A guy, Wilson, came to my rescue. “Can’t you get the hint? She doesn’t like you, she never will.” I flinched at those words, biting my bottom lip from saying or growling anything I’ll regret later. “Besides, she’s in love with me.”

A gross feeling filled my stomach, I literally felt sick. I didn’t love him, not at all. I loved myself and my parents. I know that as the Alpha’s daughter, I should love the pack but I don’t. At least not right now.

But I had a soft spot from the brown haired boy in front of me. Lucas Fisher. Son of Rhett and Evelyn Fisher, my parents and the packs worst enemies. We weren’t even supposed to look, let alone talk to anyone in their pack. So sharing a school was hard, as you can imagine. Fights broke out all the time, we even had two elders from each pack that hung around the school to try and keep the peace.

My parents would disown me if they ever found out that their only child was mated to their enemies son. I wouldn’t do that, I loved them too much. I didn’t even want a mate in the first place, so I didn’t even have to contemplate who to choose.

I meet Lucas’s golden brown eyes for half a second before I straightened my shoulders and smiled as convincingly as I could at Wilson. “You got that right.” I tried to make my voice flirty. I stood up on my tip toes and gave Wilson a peck on the lips. I hated myself for feeling guilty, I hated myself for being weak. I also hated that I cared what Lucas thought. My eyes flickered to his again and when they hardened on me I dropped my eyes to the ground, finding great fascination in the tile floor.

“Fine.” His tone had a hard edge to it and I flinched, my wolf whimpering softly. “I won’t talk, look at, protect or even think about you ever again.” He hissed.

Turning on his heel he walked in the opposite direction. His back was tense and his hands were clenched into tight fist. My heart hurt terribly and I had the overwhelming urge to run after him. I pushed that feeling away and began my walk to my first class. Lucas’s face kept popping into my head all hour, I couldn’t help it, I need to see him.

After the bell rang I carefully slinked my way out of class and followed the delicious scent till I saw him. He was laying under a shaded tree, a girl to his left and a guy to his right. I zoned in on his breathing that was irregular, I could barely make out his growling. He was pissed.

My wolf’s constant whining grew louder as I looked at him. I watched carefully as the feeling of helplessness formed in the pit of my stomach. I hate that I hurt him, I hate that I care that I hurt him. I didn’t want a mate..

“Rosaline Summers.” I heard one of the edler’s from Lucas’s pack behind me. I turned in freight, my hand holding my chest. “I think you should be in class.” He spoke sternly.