Ch.21: What am I going to do?

Chapter 21:

Sara's POV:

"One, two, three; ... Ahh, pretty good."

Sherlock and I are currently practicing our dancing in the hall.

We stop and Sherlock releases me. "Well, it's a good thing your dress covers your feet," he mutters.

I roll my eyes and smack his arm,"Your feet are just too big," I argue,"It is hard not to step on them."

"Excuses. You have had centuries to learn this dance," he counters,"It is a simple waltz."

I cross my arms,"Dancing never has been my strong suit, nor has it ever interested me."

"If you put a little effort you would be great," he tells me,"You are a fast learner. Do I have to remind you of our first dance?"

I close my eyes,"Please don't." Our first dance was at the flat, practicing for this very day. I don't even remember how many times I stepped on his feet that day. I also may have tripped over a table... and knocked Sherlock unconscious. "I'm honestly surprised you are even willing to dance with me again."

"Had I a choice, I would not be," he says,"But Mary told me it was mandatory that we dance."

I narrow my eyes and mutter,"That bitch."

John walks in and smiles at our annoyed expressions. "Dancing again?"

I glare at him,"Don't even."

The entrance door opens and Greg walks in.

"Sherlock?" He points back out the door,"Got him for you."

Sherlock smiles and claps as another man walks in,"Ah, the photographer. Excellent!" He walks to the man and takes his camera.

"..What's this about?" the man asks nervously,"I was halfway home!"

"You should have driven faster," I tell him with a smirk.

"Ah, yes. Yes, very good. There, you see?" Sherlock smiles as he looks through the pictures,"Perfect."

"What is?" Greg asks,"You gonna tell us?"

Sherlock hands Greg the camera,"Try looking yourself."

John walks closer to look at the camera as well,"Is the murderer in these photographs?"

"It's not what's in the photographs; it's what's not in them – not in any of them."

"Sherlock? The showing-off thing: we've discussed it before," John says.

I decide to step in,"There is always a man at a wedding who is not in any photograph but can go anywhere, and even carry an equipment bag around with him if he likes, and you never even see his face," I quickly explain,"In short, the murderer in the photographer."

"What?!" the photographer squeaks.

Sherlock holds up his phone with a picture of the man,"Jonathan Small, today's substitute wedding photographer – known to us as the Mayfly Man. His brother was one of the raw recruits killed in that incursion," he explains," Jonny sought revenge on Sholto, worked his way through Sholto's staff, found what he needed ...an invitation to a wedding – the one time Sholto would have to be out in public. So, he made his plan."

"And rehearsed the murder," I say,"Brilliant, ruthless, almost certainly a monomaniac."

"Though, in all fairness," Sherlock adds,"His photographs are actually quite good." He tosses his phone to Greg. "Everything you need's on that. You probably ought to ... arrest him or something."