Ch. 39: A break

Chapter 39:

Sara's POV:

"This body still has some blood."

Tom rubs his chin,"That means the murderer is coming close to his end."

Donovan narrows her eyes,"What does that mean?"

Sherlock rolls his eyes,"Your kind wouldn't understand."

I elbow him hard in the ribs making him wince.

I step toward Donovan,"I am sorry, but the information we found is confidential."

She laughs,"Confidential?! What are you, the government?"

"No, but I am."

We all turn to Tom. He walks forward and pulls out a badge,"Thomas Sherrinford Holmes, British intelligence," he puts his badge away once she examines it. "I am sorry about all the secrecy, but the Queen would rather not include the police in a case such as this one," he tells her with a charming smile.

She looks a bit thrown off by his handsome charm but soon snaps out of it and turns toward the door with a huff. "I'm going to see what Greg has to say about this."

I roll my eyes at her and lean back against the wall.

"You are British intelligence?" John asks Tom.

"No, he isn't," Sherlock cuts in before Tom can,"The badge is a fake."

Tom clears his throat,"Actually, it isn't. I was given this by Mycroft because I often help him with high level cases."

Sherlock frowns at him,"I was never given one."

Tom smirks,"We know who the favorite brother is then."

Sherlock glowers at him before turning back to the dead body.

"Find anything?" I question.

"Get out, Anderson."

I turn and see Anderson about to walk in the doorway. His jaw drops,"But I-"

"Out."

Anderson sighs and leaves.

Sherlock sighs frustratedly and answers my question,"No, but there may be evidence on the street cams."

"So this proves that someone is doing this on purpose," John pipes up,"This isn't just a vampire gone rogue."

Tom nods,"Yes. They are trying harder to get our attention now."

"He is getting bored of this game," Sherlock murmurs before flitting to my side,"Did you notice anything when you were up there?"

I shake my head,"No, there was nothing."

"Damn," he hisses and his eyes turn crimson.

I make my way to the bag I brought, which is in plain sight by the table. I send John a glare as I show him the bag.

He shrugs innocently,"...I swear that wasn't there when I looked."

I roll my eyes and pull the thermos of blood from it. "Here, Sherlock-"

"I'm not thirsty."

I frown at him,"You obviously are, so stop being a child and just take the blood-"

"I said no!" he shouts and flits across the room to me,"I don't eat when I'm on a case, so this will be no different."

"You had blood the last time we looked at a body," I scoff,"The hunger is messing with your brain more than eating or drinking would."