Chapter 27

For the rest of the winter break, Blake pretty much stayed at my place. The weather turned even colder and we spent most of our time inside. Neither of us felt like becoming Popsicles. Sophie surprised me by asking if she could stay with me for a few days as well. Apparently she couldn’t stand Robert anymore then Blake could. I agreed without hesitation and we all ended up having fun for the last bit of the break.

            The day came for school to start again, and none of us really wanted to go out and face the cold weather, but we did so reluctantly. The advantage to my uncle having a massive garage was that the car was at least nice and warm when we climbed into it.

            We arrived at school and hurried inside, being careful not to slip on the ice filled parking lot. I breathed a sigh of relief when we got outside. “This one part of living in Canada that I don’t like,” I stated.

            “I agree,” Sophie said. “These freezing temperatures leave me wanting to fly somewhere tropical and sit on a beach all day.”

            “Hey, that’s what we should do for March break!” I said excitedly. “We should all go somewhere warm and just bask for a few days.”

            “That is an awesome idea,” Sophie replied. “My mom was talking about going somewhere anyways.”

            “And I know that Jared, Liam and Jake would love to go as well. What do you think, Blake?”

            He shrugged. “It would be nice to go away somewhere warm. It just sucks that I won’t be able to see you in a bikini.”

            I grinned mischievously. “You can always just imagine it,” I said.

            His lips turned up into a smile. “That’s very true,” he replied distractedly.

            I tapped his arm lightly. “Not right now, you pervert. I meant when we’re there.”

            He grinned devilishly at me. “Too late, I’m already picturing it.”

            Sophie groaned. “That is definitely my cue to get out of here. I’ll see you both at lunch.”

            Blake and I both laughed as she walked away and we continued to my locker. “It is so fun making her freak out,” I said smugly.

            “It really is, and it’s so easy to do too,” Blake said.

            We reached my locker and I opened it. I was shocked when a few pieces of folded up paper fell out. “What the hell?” I muttered, bending down to scoop them up. “There are random pieces of folded paper in my locker,” I informed Blake.

            “Do they say anything?”

            “I don’t know.” I unfolded one and saw that it did indeed have something written on it. My eyes widened as I read the words. “Holy crap.”

            “What? What do they say?”

            “This one says that someone was amazed at our performance at the talent show. That they never realized you had that kind of talent. They want to know if either of us sings professionally.”

            “Seriously?”

            “Yeah.” I unfolded a couple of other papers. “They all pretty much say something along those lines.”