Of Heartbroken Hormones

[AN:] At the start of the story, Lily, Hugo, Roxanne, and Lucy were all too young to be at Hogwarts. Now, with the jump in time, they will be included in the story. They are all Third Year Gryffindors, except for Hugo who is in Ravenclaw.

________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirteen: Of Heartbroken Hormones

POV:  Lily

"Why, oh, why, Lily Potter, do you put yourself through this?"      

I had been completely unaware someone had come around from behind me since my attention was at the scene a few meters down from where I sat. Roxy and Hugo both joined me on the bench, each taking up one of my sides. They both looked at me with similar expressions that stirred an anger deep in my chest. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," I sniffed, narrowing my eyes at them before turning them back to the view ahead of me. "I'm just sat here meditating before double Potions."     

I did not have to look at my cousins to know they were both rolling their eyes at me. 

"Shouldn't you two be with Luce?" I added before they could say anything. The group ahead were enjoying their break, laughing and frolicking in the grey day like the sun was basking on them. "Or have you ditched her already?"

"Of course we ditched her," Hugo said from my left. "Uncle Percy sent her off with a special quest this year."

"Quest is not really the word," Roxy commented. "It's more like a project."

"A project meant to test her patience."

"Or maybe Uncle Percy was cross with her at the time."

"Then I wouldn't call it a project."

"You're right, Hue. Maybe it's emotional abuse."

"What is it?" I interrupted their back-and-forth.

"She's got Artie duty," Hugo explained with a huff. 

I grimaced.

"Yeah," Roxy agreed. "I love Luce and all, but when she takes it upon herself to correct her little brother's behavior, I rather stay far away from both of them."

"He's going to end up destroying the castle, anyway," Hugo laughed. "He's a little terror, that one."

"And he's just a First Year!"

"Her brother, her problem," Hugo said.

"Agreed," Roxy sighed in exasperation.

"I'm sure Grandmother Molly would be so proud of our unity right now," I mumbled, my eyes still locked ahead.

Hugo snorted. "Please. That woman loves us and everything, but even she needs to kick Artie out of the Burrow after an hour. I don't care how many times our parents help keep it standing tall, that place is old and cannot survive that demon child."

Well, he was right. Arthur Frederic Weasley was a right little menace. And he was Uncle Percy and Aunt Audrey's problem. They needed to be held responsible for Artie's destruction toll (well, I guess it was now Hufflepuff's problem, too). Merlin have mercy on them; they are in for a tornado of a boy. 

"Are we going to the library or not?" Roxy demanded. "You promised you'd study with Hue and me, Lils."

"I lied. Go away."

"Lily," Roxy groaned. 

"Look," Hugo now spoke, "as much as I don't have a problem with either of you pining after people, I have to draw a line at stalking. It's creepy, Lily."