Surprise: It's a Weasley Christmas

Chapter 23: Surprise: It's a Weasley Christmas

POV: Third Person

In the months Hogwarts school was in session, the house located at the furthest corner of the historic and prestigious village of Godric's Hallow was just as quaint and quiet as the other surrounding homes. There resided Harry Potter, an eternal celebrity and the finest (and youngest) Head Auror the Department of Magical Law Enforcement had seen in decades, with his wife Ginny Potter, a former (outstanding) international Quidditch player for the Holyhead Harpies who now served as a cutting journalist and editor for the incomparable Daily Prophet.  

In the months Hogwarts school was not in session, the house located at the furthest corner of the historic and prestigious village of Godric's Hallow was considered one of the nine circles of hell surrounding the other unfortunate homes. There, alongside their well-known parents, resided James Sirius Potter, a boy known even in faraway villages as a bloody menace with an affinity for crude, dangerous, painful pranks, Albus Sirius Potter, a boy known even in faraway villages as a gullible little lad with an affinity for poorly-executed retaliation that often resulted in injuries for himself and others near him, Lily Luna Potter, a girl known even in faraway villages as a raging wildfire with an affinity to use her fists and impressive hexes to win over any situation she might catch herself in, and, occasionally when visiting his adoptive family, Teddy Remus Lupin was an adult known even in faraway villages as an immature twat with an affinity to cause havoc depending on his mood. 

Unfortunately for all the families of Godric's Hallow whom wished for a perfect, snowy celebration with their loved ones, it was Christmastime at the Potter household. 

"Firewhiskey, Butterbeer, or Pumpkin Juice, Draco? Astoria?" Leading her guests out towards her prized garden, Ginny turned to look behind her shoulder to offer a kind smile. "Blaise, Loretta?"

Leaving a trail of hesitation and tension, Draco failed to return a smile at the Weaslette—Ginny. Catching this, Astoria nudged him with her elbow as she pretended to smooth out the tiniest wrinkle on her dress. He forced his lips upward, but caught Hermione grinning at the effort it was taking him to be civil.

"Firwhiskey," Draco said a little too desperately, looking away from the brown eyes of Hermione Granger (she'd never be a Weasley to him). "And lots of it."

He thought he muttered the last bit, but those around him caught it and laughed. 

"You outdid yourself, Ginny," said Astoria, finding her manners for herself and her husband. "The garden looks spectacular. You must tell me the enchantments you used."

A smooth pavement road marked a division across the plush garden; alongside the panels of that road, colorful jars with tiny, individual spheres illuminated their pathway. Woven between the leaves of the tall, willowy trees were also twinkling lights, adding the allure of a starry night. Cushioned chairs formed a half-circle around Ginny's prized rose and lily bushes.

At the center of the festive garden were three large tables. The furthest held all the beverages being provided that night. Pitchers, bottles, and self-brewing cauldrons sat at the ready for whatever the guests fancied to sip on. The next table was stacked with presents. Bright, shiny, and colorful wrappings gleamed under the lights and moon like gems collected by wayfaring pirates. Lastly, the larger table of the three hosted forty embroidered (but comfortable) chairs, eighteen on each side and one person at both ends. On this table awaited an even more impressive feast that provided plates of meats, seafood, greens, and sweets. 

"Thank you, Astoria," said Ginny with a grin. "Gardening has been a hobby of mine ever since James started walking. It's not exactly Quidditch, but I'm still good at it."