Official Contest Rules

THE WESTBURY FAERY ("the Project")

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. SUBMISSION OF ANY MATERIAL FOR THE PROJECT SIGNIFIES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT SUBMIT MATERIAL.

The Project

Arthur Beck, president of the World Faery Society (WFS), needs your help to investigate, write and document the story of The Westbury Faery. Arthur is desperate to answer the following question: Is The Westbury Faery real, and if so, who is she and what is her story?

Explore the evidence, read theories and stories put forth by others and write your own stories and theories on The Westbury Faery origins.

Material means stories for the Project being either: (i) flash fiction (with a minimum 100 words and a maximum 500 words) or short stories (with a minimum 1500 words and a maximum 3000 words), for audiences of young adults (13 to 17) or adults.

As well as these Terms and Conditions, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions specified by Wattpad.

Please Note: Arthur Beck and the World Faery Society (WFS) are pleased to announce The Project is managed by Plot Media Pty Ltd and Log Cabin Productions, Inc (together "the Producer" and includes their licensees and assign, including Screen Australia and the Canadian Media Fund). If you have any queries or inquiries, please message them at the @WorldFaerySociety Wattpad account.

Are you under 18?

IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE YOU NEED TO ANSWER YES TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, OTHERWISE THE PRODUCER WILL BE UNABLE TO USE ANYTHING YOU SUBMIT, WHICH WOULD BE SAD FOR YOU AND SAD FOR THE PROJECT L.

1. Are your parents happy for you to submit the Material to Wattpad? If you are under 16, you need to ask your parents to either load the Material for you or be present when you are loading the Material.

2. Have your parents read all of these Terms and Conditions? They need to be OK with how the Producer is using your amazing Material!

3. Are you happy for your Material to be shared and, if your Material is selected, for it to be published? If you send us your Material, this means you are agreeing to the Producer and the Publisher including the Material in the Book (as defined below), subject to your right to change your mind if your Material is chosen for publication.

4. Is the Material entirely your own work? You should not have copied anyone else's work or used anyone else's material in your Material. This is seriously important! You wouldn't want someone else using your stuff and saying it's theirs, would you?

5. Have you and your parents read Wattpad's Terms and Conditions? And are you OK with following them? Wattpad is working with the Producer on this Project, so you need to also follow their terms and conditions. Your parents should go through these with you and explain anything you are unsure about.

Remember – your Material cannot be used unless you can answer YES to each of these questions.

If you have answered YES to all the questions, you're ready to upload your Material! Just a couple more things before you upload.

Finally, you can comment on your Material or on other people's Material, but please do so respectfully. There is a zero tolerance of bullying in relation to the Project, and everyone has the right to feel safe, including when they are online. Think about what you write, and how other people may read it. Be especially careful when trying to be funny, not to come across as mean. Everyone, including you, is proud of their work, so make sure your comments aren't intended to hurt other's feelings. AND REMEMBER never share your name (other than your first name) or any other personal information in your comments.