CHAPTER 9: FORBIDDEN DESIRES

(I am sorry if I'm updating it too fast for whoever actually DOES read this. Again, whoever you are, you know why I'm updating it super fast as I have explained the reason in a note at the beginning of the last chapter.)

Meena and BB-8 were swimming into the cave. BB-8 closed the rock behind him. "BB-8, why can't you not just tell me what this is all about?" She asked in anticipation. "It's a surprise!" BB-8 said smiling.

He covered Meena's eyes putting his fins over them beneath her glasses. Meena giggled as she swam forward; BB-8 guiding her into the cave. "Okay, you can look now!" BB-8 said excited.

He removed his fins from Meena's eyes and swam down to float beside her. Meena looked around until her eyes landed on the same statue she saw on that human ship last night! It was the statue of Kylo Ren!

Meena gasped and she cupped her mouth with both hands; unable to contain her excitement. She looked down at BB-8. "Oh, BB - BB, you're the best!" She said extremely cheerful as she hugged the fish and twirled them both around.

BB-8 chuckled, happy to see Meena's reaction. Meena then swam towards the statue and she circled around it; laughing as she examined it. "It looks just like him, too!" Meena exclaimed. She then was floating in front of it as BB-8 was floating beside her.

Meena rested her cheek on her arms as she folded them on the statue's shoulder; resting on them as she stared into the statue's eyes dreamily. "Why, Kylo, run away with you?" She giggled to herself as she traced its jawline.

"This is all so - so sudden..." She sighed. She then giggled again doing a twirl around the statue. Until, she looked in the dark entryway of the cave. She gasped in shock, BB-8 staring terrified at the dark figure.

"GRANDPA!" Meena exclaimed, nervous and scared. Finn was standing on the sandy floor; a sad and guilty expression painted on the crab's features.

"I consider myself a reasonable merman..." Kenobi began in a dark tone. He then swam out of the shadows. "I set out certain rules!" He said as he slowly approached Meena. "And I expect those rules to be OBEYED!" He yelled, pointing his finger at Meena.

Meena slowly swam backwards, staring up at her grandfather. "But, Grandpa! I-" "Is it TRUE that you rescued a human from drowning?!" Kenobi asked unimpressed, cutting Meena off.

Meena froze. "Grandpa! I had to!" She yelled back at him. "Contact between the human world and the mer world is strictly FORBIDDEN!" Kenobi said in a loud voice.

"Meena, you know that! Everyone knows that!" He said, throwing his arms up in the water exaggeratedly; his grip on his triton tightening.

"But he would have died!" Meena protested, throwing her arms up in the water. "One less human to worry about!" Kenobi shot back at his granddaughter. Meena had her arms go straight down up against her sides; her hands clenching into fists and shaking.

"You don't even know him!" She talked back, glaring up at Kenobi. "Know him? I don't have to know him! They're ALL the same!" Kenobi said frustrated.

Meena slowly swam backwards and hid behind the statue of Kylo as she stared up at her rambling grandfather. "Spineless, savage, harpooning fish-eaters, incapable of feeling-" "GRANDPA, I LOVE HIM!!!!" Meena blurted out, cutting Kenobi off.

But Meena gasped and she covered her mouth hiding behind the statue again. Both Finn and BB-8 gasped in shock. Kenobi just floated there in utter disbelief. "No..." He said in shock.

He then shook his head. "Meena - have you LOST your senses completely?" He asked her. "He's a HUMAN! You're a MERMAID!" He yelled, pointing at her as only her hair could be seen floating up from behind the statue's shoulder.