You can have whatever you want

Its Friday, i havent heard back from Jacinta and im starting feel like she doesn't think im cool.
When i get to school i go straight to my locker like every other day.
As i grab my books and shut the locker door a familiar face is there.

'Hey Sabrina'
'Oh hey Jacinta, haven't heard back from you'
'Yeah sorry about that, my parents took away my phone the other day because they saw me steal money from them for beer because they refused to give me money'
'That's fine, my parents are strict like that as well' I lie.
I would never steal money for alcohol or anything bad, so my parents never had to be strict.
'You busy tonight? couple of the girls and i are going to the mall after school and shopping, you in?' Jacinta asks.
'Yeah i'll just text my parents to say ill be late'
'Great see ya around'

•••••••••••••••••••••
I text mum saying Lauren, Kylie and I are going to the mall after school, she of course replies yes because she know my best friends are never up to any trouble.

At lunch Kylie asked me if i wanted to join her and Lauren at her house for a sleepover, we usually have sleepovers all the time.
'Uh sorry guys i can't, i have to stay in tonight uhh my parents are going out and i have to babysit Jordy' I lie.
I tell myself that it's not that bad and a little white lie won't hurt anybody.

'We can come over if you want?' Lauren asks.
'NO' i shout abruptly.
'I mean, mum is mad at me and would kill me, sorry guys'
'Why is she mad at you?' Kylie asks.
The bell rings at the perfect timing and i rush off to next period leaving my best friends behind at the lunch table.

•••••••••••••••
When the bell rings for home time i go to my locker and see Jacinta and two other girls waiting.
'Hey guys'
'Hey Sabrina, this is Sam and Court'
They both stand there looking at me, not even smiling.
I grab my bag and walk off with the three.
We walk into the school parking lot where all the grade 10s park there car because they can drive.
We head over to a car with a guy in the front.
Jacinta sits in the passenger seats, leans over and starts making out with the guy.
Sam, Court and i sit in the back.
'This is my boyfriend Dylan, he's driving us to the mall'
He gives me a smirk and winks, i smile back not knowing how to respond.
'Are you old enough to drive?' I ask Dylan sounding like a concerned mother.
They all laugh at me, i sounded so geeky.
'Dyl's 24' Jacinta tells me.
Wow, a 15 year old dating someone almost 10 years older. I think to myself.
'Oh hey Sabrina you should come to mine tomorrow night, im throwing a party. Parents are going out of town'
I accept and think what i'm going to say to my parents.

We get to the mall and look around in some shops, i stare at this one shirt that catches my eye.
Jacinta comes over and asks
'You gonna get that?'
I check the price tag, $60!
'Oh no i dont have that kind of money' i reply sadden.
'You dont need money'
She rolls up the shirt and shoves it in my bag.
'Thats stealing!' I gasp.
'Sabrina, we are in this store and everything is on sale. 100% off for us, you can have whatever you want. Just be cool and act natural'

I stand there shocked, staring at her.
She walks over to the jewellery section, looks over to see if anyone is watching and puts a couple necklaces and earrings in her bag.
To my surprise i see Sam and Court doing the same thing.
I didn't want to look lame so i roll with it.
I know theft is bad, but this is my one chance to be actually considered cool.

When we're all finished up we wait until someone else leaves the store at the same time, we quickly rush out as the security alarm is going off.
The employee pulls over a woman in her mid thirties to check her bags.

We race out the mall all laughing and excited.
'That was amazing' i yell.
'Your first time stealing? We have a lot to teach you' jacinta smirks at me.

We all hop in the car and jacinta boyfriend drops me home.
I wave goodbye and walk up to my front porch.

I can't believe i actually stole today, i can't believe im friends with the populars!