Interlude: Meeting Her

"One day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason, you feel more connected to this stranger than anyone else."

-Unknown-

🤍🤍🤍

"You Found Me"
by The Fray

♪ Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me ♫

🧳🧳🧳🧳

"Kids, before we dismiss, let me remind you about your homework for submission on Monday okay?" a male teacher, in his mid-twenties, smiled cheerfully at his students who answered him in unison.  "Yes, Mr. Brent."

"Don't be afraid to play with colors. Let your creative imagination soar. And most of all have fun painting!"

"Yes, Mr. Brent," his pupils chorused.

"Have a great weekend kids! Class dismissed."

Looking smart casual while wearing a collared shirt under a v-neck cardigan coat, he could not be easily assumed to be a grade school teacher at first glance.  He could even pass to look as a university dude with his boyish look and pleasant aura, even with little scruffs in his chin.

Okay, I wish you luck, Andy Brent, he muttered to himself.  He sucked in a deep breath as he began sorting his stuffs on his table.  He returned them to the drawer, while he stored the other tools for painting in a craft box.

His class went smoothly.  As always, his students have been attentive and they have enjoyed the basic lessons in watercolor painting.  While all classes from first to sixth grade were dismissed early due to a Teachers' meeting, his day had been productive, so far.  He woke up earlier than the usual and was able to fulfill a twenty minute-run instead of his average ten minutes.

Ah, the benefits of not staying up late, he told himself as he was able to achieve a complete eight hours of sleep, and maybe, more than that.  He welcomed this day with a great deal of hope.  

As the classroom emptied, he wiped off his notes on the white board.  With a quivering breath, he collected his sling bag and rushed his way out of the room, excited to his destination.

Sarah's class.

After graduating from Anglia Ruskin University where he took up BA in Fine Arts, he got a job as a creative staff in and advertising agency.  Though he enjoyed this job a lot, he chose to resign from the company to teach Arts subjects in Cambridge International School.  His ex girlfriend worked here as a teacher, too.  He was thinking about reconciling with her so this school year, he got a new work he never thought he'll ever do.

It was lunch break and he was to pick her up in her classroom to invite her to eat.  He peeked through the small glass window of the classroom door.  She looked lovely, he thought.  Sarah's ash blonde hair flowed freely down her shoulders and it swayed by her movement while she erased her mathematical notes and equations on the white board.  Her navy blue knee-length dress suited her so perfectly.