Interlude: Linger

"Let us dream of evanescense, and linger on the beautiful foolishness of things"
-Okakura Kakuzo

🤍🤍🤍

"Oceans Away"
by Arizona

♪ I never let
My guard go down
But you messed me up
When you came around
When the high wore off
Know you needed space
But I don't wanna wait
I don't wanna mistake ♫

🧳🧳🧳🧳

As he feels his chest tighten in a second, while his grip on the mouse tenses, and his heart spins around like a cartwheel, Andy asks himself the same question--What is she doing to me?

He takes a deep breath and lets go of the mouse. He then runs his fingers on his hair as pushes a bit away from his desk and leans back against his swivel chair.

Fuck! What am I thinking?

He moves closer again to the desktop when the dotted line indication of "typing a message" appears on the screen.

Sophie: Nothing. I'm not doing anything to you. You make me happy, and I appreciate you for that.

He smiles upon reading Sophie's message. It was a genuine smile, and nothing but pure joy that fills his heart just by reading that simple message of hers. With the smile still planted in his face, he types his reply.

Andy: How do I make you happy?

Sophie: I don't know how you do it but your online presence is one of the reasons why I smile everyday. When I see that small green circle beside your name in Skype, my eyes light up because you're here too... online.

Sophie: My heart dances inside my chest when I find a message you left for me when I'm not around. I feel like a child in Christmas when you make time for me even for just a short call.

Sophie: It is YOU who do things to me, Andy.

Andy: That is so sweet, babe. Why are you so extra-sweet today?

Sophie: I'm just telling the truth.

Where could she be now? Is she drinking in excess? Is she drunk texting me? He laughs at the thought.

He reads the messages again and now, from his eyes, the words has gone straight to his heart, regardless if they are drunk texts or not. This gives him a feeling which is something new to him but confuses him at the same time.

Andy: Where are you now?

Sophie: Car. Driving...

That explains why it kind of takes a while for her to reply on his messages-- that's because she's driving. Wait, what? She's driving and texting!

Andy: Put your phone down, babe, and focus on the road! We'll talk later.

When suddenly,

"Hey, cuz!" It's an ear-splitting yelp from his cousin who suddenly appears by his door. Andy almost falls from his seat.

"What the heck are you doing here, Bruce?" he says sharply in return. "You know, knocking isn't prohibited here, man. Especially when I'm not expecting you here."