Epilogue

I sat on the stone wall, watching the sun set with Suzie sitting beside me. My Uncle's farm was quite lovely. "Kelly!" Lottie's voice cried, as she came running up to me. She hopped up onto the wall with me and I smiled at her. Suzie crawled across my lap and slurped her face, making her giggle. 

I laughed as well. "Can you see if you can get this pen to work? I can't!" She said, holding up a silver and blue pen. I took it from her as she giggled, and pressed the top button. 

"Ahhh!" I shrieked, dropping the pen. It shocked me! Lottie burst out laughing and even Suzie whimpered with glee. "Come here!" I grabbed her and rubbed her hair, and she laughed as she tried to break free. "You are a naughty little sister!" I said playfully. 

As it turned out, her parents had died when she was a baby, and she was on a field trip with the other orphans when the train crashed. When we found out, Mum and Dad adopted her at once. 

Suzie grabbed my ear and pulled it playfully. Lottie sat beside me and we both smiled.

Suzie was happier than she had ever been. Now she had two mistresses to care for! What could be better? Although she did have to stop Mistress Kelly from being mean to Mistress Lottie every now and then, but that was all part of her job. 

As they sat beside eachother, Suzie wriggled between them and they all gazed at the sun set. This was the happiest moment of Suzie's life.

~ ~ ~