One of the Best Days

The ring is reviled from his hands and my eyes widen. I place my hands to my mouth not knowing what to at and I honestly didn't see that coming. I immediately thought back to the conversation I had with James just a few hours before. 'Did he hear me talking? No he couldn't have...' I think.

I smile as I move my hands away from my face and to my chest. I can tell the tears already falling from my face. "Yes! Of course!" I says moving closer to him, holding my hand out.

He places the ring on my finger and I admire it's beauty. The sparking of the small diamond. It was perfect. He smiles and holds my hand in his. I lean down and gently hug him the best I can. I kiss him passionately.

"What a coincidence" James chuckles slightly.

"What do you mean?" Steven asks looking up at him, then to me.

"We were talking about this earlier...." I chuckle. "How I wanted to marry you so bad" I smile.

"Trust me! I've wanted to marry you for a long time" Steven says. I smile going in for another kiss.

Then a women nurse lightly knocked on the door and came in. "It's time for Steven to have his surgery" she says. "Oh well I'm glad your awake!" She smiles.

Steven smiles and nods. I sigh slightly not wanting him to go but I knew he had to. I watched as James and two other people wheeled his bed out of the room.

I stood there slightly until the door shut. I sat in the familiar chair and went on my phone. 5 missed calls from mom.

I clicked the call button calling my mom and she answered quite quickly.

"Hello. Lauren how is Steven" she asks, her British accent clear.

"Actually he's good" I smile as I talk. "They just wheeled him in for surgery on his leg"

"He's awake?" She asks

"Yeah....." I saw not really being able to focus after what happened. "Something else happened" I state.

"Well....what was it?" She asks.

"He proposed! I said yes!" I say excitedly.

"Really!" She says happily. "I'm so happy for you laur!" She says

"Thank you" I say smiling.

"I'm glad everything's ok. I'll talk to you later ok? I love you" she says.

"I love you too" I says as I hang up. I place my phone in my lap and I do a small dance with my feet. I was so happy.

~~~~~~~~~

As they wheeled him back in he was asleep from the anesthetic they had put him on. His foot was already wrapped but only in a while cloth.

"Surgery went great" that same women who came in earlier said. "His leg will be swollen but tomorrow we will put it in a cast" she says.

I nod. "When do you think he will be able to go home?" I ask  

"At this healing rate I would say in the next day or two" she smiles.

I smile back. "Thank you". She nods leaving the room.

I watch Steven for a while, a smile imprinted on my face. I take out my phone, seeing it had a low battery. I get up and go to the bathroom also seeing I'm a complete mess. I have makeup under my eyes, my hair is everywhere, my dress is crinkled and I still don't have shoes on. Not to mention I don't smell the greatest either.

I walk over to Stevens bedside and grab his hand, kissing the top of it. "I'll be back later" I state, acting as if he could hear me. I leave the hospital and get in my car also noticing I was low on gas. I groan and drive to the nearest gas station.

"$2.34 a gallon...Jesus Christ" I say as I pull into the gas station. I get out of the car and begin to pump it with gas. "I'll only get enough to last me until I can find somewhere cheaper" I mumble.

Once I'm finished my total comes out to be $23.40......10 gallons of gas. "That'll do" I say, hoping back into the car.

As soon as I get home I plug my phone into its charger. I grab some more comfortable clothes and bring them into the bathroom with me, along with a towel. I start the shower letting the warm water run. I strip down and get in feeling the sensation of the water rinse down my back and through my hair.

Shampoo comes first, then conditioner. Then I scrub my whole body with soap, shaving afterwards. After about 15 minutes I hop out, quickly drying off. I changed into the new outfit which consisted of leggings, a t-shirt and tennis shoes.

I make my way downstairs as I let my hair dry. I quickly put together a small salad and eat it. I realized I hadn't eaten in about a day considering how fast I devoured it.

I make my way back to my bathroom. I dry my hair and put on a small layer of makeup, just enough to cover my insecurities. Once in finally in my bedroom again I sit on my bed and grab my phone off the nightstand seeing I had many Instagram notifications.

As I scroll through Instagram I received a text from Alanna with an image attached to it. I click on it seeing a picture of my chair on set that read 'Maggie'. 'Where are you?' Alanna asks.

My eyes widen once I realize today was I filming day. 'On my way!' I text as I run out the door. I quickly get into my car and drive to the set of Alexandria. 'Does anyone even know about Stevens condition?' I think. 'They're gonna ask about the ring...'

~~~~~~~~

Once I arrive I'm greeted by Alanna. "What took you so long? Where have you been?" She asks.

"Do you not know?" I ask as I continue walking. I walk into one of the trailers where many of the other cast members were.

"Know what Lauren...." Alanna says, everyones attention now on us. "Where's Steven?"

"That's just the thing...." I say, biting my lip, tears welling up in my eyes. "Steven is currently in the hospital."

I hear small gasps coming from the distance. "The hospital? What for?" Andrew asks.

I swallow hard. "Last night, around 5 or so.....h-he got in an awful car accident..." I say. "That's where I've been all day"

People put there hands over their mouths. "Well is he alright?" Danai asks.

My sadness then turns into a small smile. "Yea...he's gonna be fine. He got out of a surgery a few hours ago" I state.

"I'm sorry Laur...I know this must be devastating for you....." Christian says.

"Well on the bright side....." I say lifting up my hand in the air exposing my engagement ring.

Everyone begins to cheer and tell me congratulations. I received many hugs, even kisses if we're being honest. I went into hair and makeup then I got dressed. "We will have to film the parts that don't require Steven for now...." Greg says. I nod and begin my acting as if it was just a normal day, but it wasn't a normal day...it was one of the best days.

Ewwwww short and pretty bad chapter.......sorry I'm really bad at updating! But I would really like some feedback so comment what you liked! ❤️❤️