Much Better Than a Hosptial Bed

Being on set was just not the same without Steven. I felt like a part of my-self was missing. I proceeded to act as if it were a normal day though. Once the day was over I changed out of the costume I was wearing, but once again I was dirty. I hurried home and showered once again, not caring what I looked like at this point.

       I started toward the hospital again not as worried as the last time I was driving there. I knew Steven was ok and him not being ok wasn't even a thought I had anymore. Once I arrived I found a parking spot and got out, making sure to lock to doors. I walked inside and it felt good being able to go in not frantic and wondering where Steven was.

I made my way up to the ICU and walked towards Stevens room, but that's when I began to grow nervous again. Many nurses were helping one another clean out Stevens room for the next patient.

"Excuse me....." I stated, getting their attention. "Where's the man that was in this room?"

"Oh, he's been moved to the recovery hall" she smiles. "I'll take you too him" she states.

I immediately felt better. "Thank you!" I stated playing with the ring on my finger. She lead me up a couple floors and down the hall opening the door, holding an arm out for me to go in.

"Thanks again" I stated walking inside. The room was slightly bigger than the last and Steven was laying in a bed, his leg elevated, reading a book. "Hey" I smiled.

He looked up and saw me, a smile forming on his face. "Hi" he says, his voice raspy. "Where have you been?"

"I was filming" I say, sounding stressed. "I sent you a text..."

He nods. "I haven't got my phone back" he laughs. "But how was it?"

"It was ok...kind of weird without you there" I laugh slightly.

"It's just like filming a episode without me in it" he laughs.

"Yea, but when I know your supposed to be there and your not it's weird" I say.

He shrugs and looks down at his book with a blank stare. "What are you gonna do when I'm not there anymore...." he sighs.

I set my purse and phone down in a empty chair and sit on his bed side, grabbing his hand into mine. I sigh and draw small shapes on his hand with my finger. "I don't know" I say.

"It sucks you know?" He says.

"I know" I sigh.

"The fact that I only have 3 1/2 episodes left is just so weird to me..." he says

"Me too" I state kissing his forehead. "Do you want your phone?" I ask, changing the subject.

He nods, placing a book mark in the book, placing it on the nightstand to the side of his bed.

I get up opening the closet, grabbing his phone out of a bag. I hand it to him and he clicks the home button seeing many notifications. "Dang" he chuckles.

"What?" I ask

"Half of them are you" he laughs showing me the screen.

"Sorry, I'm a worrier" I smile sitting by his side again.

"So we should talk" he says.

"About what?" I ask.

"Our wedding and life after" he smiles wanting to feel happy. I smile, now shifting so I was laying beside him, my head on his chest.

"Well.....are we gonna move into your place or mine?" She asks. "For now at least, till we can get a new house"

"Your place is nicer" he chuckles.

"When will the wedding be?" I ask. Frankly I didn't want it to far. I wanted to marry him so bad.

"A couple months maybe?" He says. "It's august 5th?" I nod. "So how about November 6th"

"What's so special about November 6th?" I ask giggling slightly.

"It's the day of our first kiss" he states.

I smile, tickled he remembered. "I remember now" I state.

"We were on your couch, watching Season 2, episode 4, and when Glenn and Maggie had their first kiss......so did we" he smiles.

I smile, leaning in giving him a small kiss. "November 6th it is" I say.

~~~~~~~

A week or so goes by and I basically had the routine down by then. Stay the night at the hospital, leave after I've had breakfast with Steven, go home shower and go to set. If I didn't have to film I would go to Stevens and pack his things. Everyday I would bring a little more to my place, moving him in.

I would go back to the hospital and bring Steven a nice lunch so he didn't have to eat the hospital food. I would spend about an hour with him before leaving again. Lastly I would go back to the hospital for dinner, and stay the night.

Today was different though. Today I would be taking Steven out of the hospital and to my house. His wrist was completely healed so they put him on crutches. I grabbed his things and led him to the parked car.

I helped him into the car, placing his crutches and things in the backseat. "You ready to finally get out of here?" I chuckle.

"Yes!" He was with relief. "It feels nice to breathe in from fresh air"

I smile turning the car on. I plug my phone into the aux cord, playing some of Stevens favorite songs. He enjoyed singing the whole way home and I enjoyed watching his delight.

Once we get to my house it was about 7:00pm. We had already eaten dinner. I helped him inside and upstairs to my bedroom. I helped him lay down on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask pulling the covers over him.

"Better than ever" he smiles making himself comfortable.

I go over to my dresser and pull out a tank top and pajama pants to sleep in. I strip down put my dirty clothes in a hamper and change again. I get on my side of the bed and cuddle against Steven.

"This is much better than a hospital bed" I smile shutting my eyes.

"Most definitely" he says.

AYE IM NOT DEAD! I'll be updating more often my lovleys♥️