Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part I)

A few weeks had passed before I decided to take the nurse’s advice and go see a doctor about whether I was pregnant or not. Angel insisted on coming along with me. He wanted to be there himself when the results came in. I didn’t care one way or the other if he was there. I’d rather have this confusion out of the way. I’d like to know firsthand if I could have all the freedom that I wanted or not. Pregnancy for me would definitely mean an overwhelmingly protectiveness from him.

If that wasn’t enough to irk my nerves, than the last few weeks had been. Angel wasn’t pleased with Tio living in his house and Tio wasn’t pleased either. The two of them argued nonstop about stupid matters. Not to mention Angel felt a need to kiss me to show his possession whenever Tio was around. They had nearly come to blows one night because Tio had taken it upon himself to kiss me while I was helping him. I had pushed him away without responding but not before Angel had witnessed it.

The two of them overall were giving me a huge headache. Maybe, it had been a bad idea to have Tio live with us. I should’ve sent him to go live with Maria and Viktor. Viktor and he didn’t have any issues with each other. It was just those two. Thinking about them gave me a headache. Lifting my forefingers to my temple, I massaged them.

“Lakeisha Moss?” a woman in a white coat called, as she opened the door.

Angel gently grabbed my hand helping me to my feet. As we approached the door, the doctor eyed first me and then him. She gave a smile.

“I’m Dr. Jocelyn Allen,” she greeted, leading us down a corridor and into a new room.

The pristine white sheets and the plain walls of the room made me blink for a moment, before I headed over to the bed she motioned towards, and climbed up to sit down. The sheet paper over the bed made a crinkling sound and I had to adjust myself all over again. I hated the sound, it always made thinking of myself in terms of weight. Though, I knew that I wasn’t even slightly overweight it made me feel subconscious and I didn’t like that.

As I sat there the doctor glanced between me and the chart that was in front of her. She immediately opened her mouth to ask me questions. The first one I already knew and the answer was going to be no.

“No, I’ve never been pregnant before,” I told her. “Nor have I contracted any sexual transmitted infections. This was my first time ever having sex before.”

She blinked for a moment, before traces of a soft smile touched her lips and her eyes lowered to the chart again. “When was your last period?” she questioned.

I had to think for a moment. “Over a month ago,” I responded.

She jotted the information down before asking if I had taken a pregnancy test. I had told her that was weeks ago. She jotted some more information down before going over to a cabinet and grabbing a little plastic cup with a twistable lid.

“Fill this up,” she told me.

I nodded before grabbing it and leaving for the bathroom. As I got into the hall another doctor pointed me towards it. I went in and sat the cup on the small little sink in the bathroom. The bathroom really wasn’t much, but it probably wasn’t used for much either. I grabbed a handful of tissues and placed them around the toilet as a seating pad. I didn’t trust public bathrooms not to be trifling, even in a doctor’s office.

Lowering my pants, I grabbed the cup sat down and began to use it. After finishing I washed my hands and wrapped the cup in paper towel before leaving the bathroom and carrying it down to the room. The doctor already had on a pair of latex gloves and she walked over to me and took the cup.

“I’ll be back shortly,” she told me, walking out the room.

Instead of sitting back on that paper crinkling mattress, I walked over to Angel and plopped myself down in his lap. I rested my head on his shoulder. We still hadn’t confirmed a relationship, but I wasn’t fighting the idea of anymore. I didn’t mind being with him. The way I saw things was that I had come pretty far from before. I had given him my virginity, I lived with him, and I was starting to depend on him for simple things.

I was honestly feeling a bit tired. The night before, instead of allowing me to rest, Tio and Angel had had a shout down with one another. I hadn’t fallen asleep until about five hours ago. I knew I probably had small bags under my eyes, but it wasn’t a thing to trip about.

A few minutes passed and in the cold silence, I closed my eyes and felt the drift down lower. Sleepiness was heavy within me, when Dr. Allen came back. She looked at the two of us and motioned for me to take my seat back on the mattress. I did so, tiredly.

“Alright, Ms. Moss we’ve indeed established the fact that you are pregnant. From what you’ve described, I’d place the pregnancy at its very early stages. Possibly two to three weeks. It’s very important to take your prenatal vitamins and keep healthy. You’ll want to try and keep up with taking the vitamin pills. You’ll also need to come in for a check-up once a month, unless something else happens to you.”

I couldn’t think at that moment honestly. Behind the doctor Angel had a look of euphoric pleasure on his face. He was pleased, I could see that. Then again, I had knew he wanted me to be his baby’s mother. I had also known that there was a chance that I was pregnant, but I had pushed it aside. Now, when the facts were right here for me to see and easily discern I found that I wasn’t sure what to feel.

“I’m filling you out a prescription for those vitamins. Take it to the pharmacy downstairs and they’ll give you all of the other information that’s required. Congratulations to you both and have a great day. If you have any problems come see me, alright?”

I nodded and moved to my feet again and found Angel placing his arms around me as we walked out the room. He leaned down and kissed my cheek. A smile resided on his lips and I found myself returning it. What was done was done. We had slept together with protection twice and as a result I was expecting a baby. I couldn’t be pissed about it. I couldn’t resent it. As much as I was scared of being a mother, I was going to be one and I had to face that fact.  

---------- 

Alright, here’s just Part I. I’ll write the rest either tomorrow or Saturday. Next part might have Angel’s POV.

BTW, if that's not how encounters of pregnancy go with the doctor, please don't hesitate to tell me. Obviously, I've never been pregnant and therefore haven't seen a doctor about it. xD

Don’t forget to comment and vote.

Thank you for the turn out in comments on the last chapter. I’ll have to go back and reply to them all, if I can. xD Perhaps, there can be another turn like that on this chapter?

Sorry for the long wait, but I mentioned more than once that I was busy with college with finals beating down at my door. I had a ton of papers to write. Now, I’m on break from college, but my job is placing me all over the schedule because of holidays.

Night,

Leis. 

Down Chickजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें