10*. More Questions

Present time.
Valentini headquarters, Milan.

'That boy is going to be the death of me", Carlos thought furiously as he quickly made his way to the Don's office after granting Axel a leave for a few days.

He was quite thankful that there were no camera's in that corridor, nor was anyone else present around to hear the boy's words. He shuddered to think about what could have happened if anyone else had overheard Axel enquiring about the Romero-Sullivan princess and reported back to any other elite members.

The boy would have been gagged and handcuffed before he could even realise what was happening to him.

Carlos had to admit to himself that he was quite worried. He had seen the open curiosity in Axel's eyes as he had so casually asked about Amara, and If Carlos had understood anything about how the boy's mind worked he knew that his curiosity about her could prove to be dangerous for him, no matter how innocent his questions were......... especially in the present climate.

Carlos sighed heavily. He hoped that Axel would forget about what he had heard outside the basement for now.
And If he didn't, well, the Don would make what he did to Roberto look like a child's play and that possibility hurt Carlos more than he would care to admit.

When he reached the top floor where the office was located he stopped outside the door for a few seconds, composing himself and ridding his face of any emotions he knocked on the office door and entered after being granted the permission to do so.

He walked inside to see Antonio and Paulo standing straight, not making any sound as the boss went through some files. They exchanged curt nods in greeting as Carlos took his position besides them.

"Paulo, I want you to arrange a meeting with the consigliere of the Salviati family and make sure to explain the rules of our organisation to him so that he can convey the message back to their men. Make sure they understand everything, any kind of ignorance will not go unpunished", he ordered in his usual cold and authoritative tone.

"Yes Boss, I'll arrange one as soon as possible", Paulo replied back respectfully.

"You may leave then."

Paulo bowed low once and then walked outside the door, closing it behind him with a click.

"Wait for a moment you two....." Valerio ordered Carlos and Antonio when he noticed the time on the wall clock, he stood from his seat behind the desk, removing his mobile out of his coat pocket and moved towards the large glass window on the other side of the room.

"Hello sweetheart....",they heard him speak affectionately.

Carlos and Antonio exchanged knowing looks, aware of the fact that there was only one person for whom he would use such a gentle and loving voice.

"Liam?",Valerio asked bewildered.
"Why do you have your sister's phone with you? Where is she?"

A silence of two minutes from their boss' end followed as he heard whatever was being said before he asked in a chilling voice, "Upset? Why is she upset? Who has upset her?"

Carlos exchanged a wide eyed look with Antonio.

'Why don't people learn from other's mistakes?', he thought internally, not feeling sorry for the person who was going to feel his boss's wrath.

"Tell me who is responsible for upsetting her Liam. Do not think about lying to me on this. I'll get the reports anyway. She is upset enough that she did not even answer my calI, she knew I'll understand that something is wrong by her voice.Just give me a name, I don't even care how insignificant the reason is ", he ordered harshly.