37. Playing with Fire

Hello everyone! I know it's been long and many of you might be angry with me for disappearing on you but if you read the message on my profile board you'll understand the reason behind it. At least I hope you do!!!

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you who sent their well wishes to me. It really warmed my heart to know how amazing my readers are 🖤

And Without further delays, I present to you the next chapter! Happy reading :)

Dedicated to twinsoul01 and sugarkinky for your great support and encouragement. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. You guys are simply amazing! 🖤🖤🖤

Not edited, please excuse any grammatical errors.

*****
Wolsford Academy, New York.

Silence.

An absolute silence blanketed the room as the door was thrown open.

"Cian", Amara whispered, shocked to see him being pushed inside roughly by two Valentini guards.

"Finally", she heard Valerio mutter under his breath.

Amara felt like she was in a trance. Her amethyst eyes moved from Valerio and towards her cousin, confused and scared.

"What is the meaning of this?",Cian spat, breaking the silence. "Your guards-"

"Took quite some time to find you", Valerio interjected coldly, sending a sharp look to his soldiers. "I had my people looking for you. I think it's time that we have a small chat together."

"A chat?", Cian spoke disbelievingly. "First, your guards restrain me without any provocation and now you say that you want to have a little chat with me?"

Valerio snorted lightly. "Without provocation, you say", he echoed Cian's words. "This ignorant act doesn't suit you, little Sullivan", he mocked.

Amara flinched when he heard his form of address. Valerio's previous statement replaying in her head. The boys who had earlier attacked Cian had also called him by the same name. And Cian had claimed that if was Valerio whom had ordered the boys to go after him. Had he been really speaking the truth?

"Not all of us here have their lackeys running around", Cian bit out. "Now, will you fuc - just tell me why I'm here", he amended, his eyes narrowing to slits as he took in Amara's closeness to Valerio.

Amara shuffled slightly in nervousness, taking a step away from him.

But no sooner had she stepped away from Valerio than she was pulled back in his arms.

"What are you doing?", Valerio frowned at her, his arms resting comfortably around her waist as he completely ignored Cian and his guards in favour of focusing on her.

"I-I...", she fumbled, eyes wide.

Valerio sighed. "Sweetheart , I think it's best that you stay close to me while I interrogate him. I do not trust him with you."

Amara winced at his words.

"I'm not going to hurt her", Cian growled in disbelief. "And interrogate? Why am I being interrogated?"

Valerio ignored him, waiting patiently for Amara's reply.

She bit her lip nervously. "Val you don't need to do this. Just forget whatever happened and let them go. I hold no grudge against Harley-"