21. Midnight conversations

Alex Pettyfer as Allister Romero.

Not edited, please excuse any grammatical errors!

******

Amara winced internally at the raw ire visible on Allister's face as he strode inside the room. His eyes were cold and sharp as he surveyed her form but they softened infinitesimally when he looked at her bandaged knee as he came to stand before her.

"How did she get hurt?",Allister asked in a hard voice.

"I- ", Amara began but Allister snapped at her, annoyed, "I did not ask you Amara."

Amara recoiled slightly at his cold tone and Damien squeezed her hand softly in support.

"I would watch my tone if I were you Allister",Valerio spoke through gritted teeth. His stance remained nonchalant and cool but his lowered head allowed him a venomous glare at her cousin.

"I will talk to my sister how I want to Valerio. Are you trying to tell me that you are going to let Serena get away with what they did today with a proud pat on her back?", Allister asked him sarcastically.

Amara, Damien and Silvano watched wide eyed as the two boys glared at each other, the tension in the room spiking dramatically.

"She fell", Damien answered, clearing his throat and attempting to diffuse the tension between the two alpha males.

Allister turned to look at her and Amara looked away, not wanting to hold eye contact with her furious cousin.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?",he asked her stoically.

Amara was about to shake her head when Valerio beat her to it.

"Her ankle is sprained", he said before turning to his cousin, "Silvano get me an ice pack."

Silvano nodded and went out shouting orders to the guards to bring him an ice pack and returned a few minutes later with one.

"I can take over from here", Allister told Valerio with slightly narrowed eyes as he took in Valerio's position sitting casually on his knees in front of his sister.

Valerio stared at Allister head on and Silvano could see that his cousin was about to refuse. Before Valerio could say anything, Silvano spoke, "The guards are waiting for you as you had ordered."

He gulped nervously as Valerio's dark eyes fell on him. Silvano knew he had angered him and Valerio was going to make him pay later on but for now he didn't say anything as he got up.

"Of course",Valerio said, and with one last glance at Amara he left the room with Silvano at his heels.

Amara turned to look at Damien in uneasiness as he came to sit on her right side, her hand still in his.

"Which ankle hurts?", Allister asked her, breaking the silence in the office.

"Right one", Amara answered hesitantly.

Allister did not reply, instead he started to untie her shoe laces before removing the shoe carefully. Amara sighed in relief as he placed the cool ice pack on her painful foot.

"I'm sorry Fratello",she spoke softly breaking the silence.

"What are you sorry for?",he asked her coldly but did not look at her.

"T-The woods.... alone ",she stuttered.

"I didn't get you. Be more clear and specific", Allister snapped at her irritably.