1: Results

Thank you to all the writers who have submitted to our contest #1, "The Writer".

It was extremely difficult to choose winners as all the entries were wonderful and make us proud to have you on the Literary Fiction Network. Thus, we will add most of these participating entries to a reading list dedicated to Contests for future readers. It seems there are a lot of pieces that depict the troubles and struggles of writers. The serious literary style must be too suitable for this! But alas, we must make a few selections. Congratulations to all the winners! We will be in contact soon :)

Contest Grand Prize Winner: paolojcruz

"Scrib-O-Rama" not only captures the struggles of being a writer in the modern business setting but does so with attention for a colourful attitude, fragmented form, experimental play, social commentary and provides discourse on the impact of writing.

Runner Up: njgreenfield

"The White Between the Black" is an incredibly vivid and surreal piece with sharp quills, wolves, snow and forests on the heartwrenching and lonely lifelong battle for words.

Honourable Mention: NickBlakeslee

"Recognition" does a clean realism expertly and provides a great well rounded look into a published author's life wrestling with identity in a fast changing world. There is more than just writing for a writer.

Honourable Mention: CJTHEZYGOTE

"Pass the Hennessy, I hear you callin', can I get some more?" is a direct reference to Tupac lyrics and makes way for a great take of the troubled writer scrambling over alcohol-infused visions or delusions of the cosmos.

Additional Mention: FableWrites

Although a bit far and aside from the prompt, the delightful delicious extended metaphor in "Cake Wait" could also sound like the struggle of a writer testing the waters and searching for the next divine inspiration or the next big thing.

Congrats once again! And look forward to the next contests!