2: Results

Thank you to all the writers who have submitted to our contest #2, "Winter".

We are always delighted to have you with us on the Literary Fiction Network. As you may recall from our previous contest, we will add the winning entries to a dedicated reading list for future readers.

Perhaps winter is the season of contemplation, reflected in many of the submissions we received dealing with memory, perception. However, as with all contests, we can only choose a few. Congratulations to all winners! We will be contacting you soon.

Contest Grand Prize Winner: BG_Davies

"Unknown Artist: Bicycle and Snow, 1941" engages the struggle of an aged soldier's attempt to recall his time in occupied France, in the vivid details he re-creates of one fond Winter evening.

Runner Up: NickBlakeslee

"Buried" is an acoustically charged work on the pain and longing between humans.

Honourable Mention: caraparcel

"Cosmic Times on Solid Ground" guides the narrator through a city's wavering form in nighttime's lighting, where nature and electricity unite.

Congrats once again!  We'll be mailing out a wintry book to the winner which you definitely haven't read yet along with a copy of Apparatus, our collaboration between the LitFic Network and Inspiritus Press!  Please look forward to the next contests!