2: Winter (Closed)

Welcome to our second contest! It's December, perfect for a piece about winter! 

Apologies to writers in the southern hemisphere! Some of you may have to use your imagination :)

Here's the prompt:

On the first line or title of your entry, give us a one liner pitch, a single sentence, like a six-word story

And then the full short story between 700 - 2000 words

Tell us about the photograph. What comes before or after, or everything in between? You could choose to set the scene and do a descriptive poetic piece, or something personal and intimate. You could focus on the subject itself or use it as a springboard and mention it in passing - anything you'd like. Remember to take this in any direction you'd like. We love to see originality and creativity.

Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the writing featured on the Literary Fiction Network for a better idea of what literary writing is.

Entries are submitted by tagging #LitFicContest and commenting a link to the story below!

They must be original, written and posted on or after December 1st.

We've extended the contest deadline to January 20th, 11:59PM Pacific Time.

Thank you for your participation and we are looking forward to go through all your fantastic entries!

Good luck! The winner will be physically shipped a wintry but beautiful artful book they most definitely haven't read yet and three chosen pieces will also receive detailed feedback! As mentioned in our announcement, the winner will now also receive a free copy of Apparatus, our anthology with inspirituspress. More information about Apparatus can be found here:

Inspirituspress.com/app

Previous winners may participate, support and submit entries, but they will not be considered for the prizes until two contests later.

Be sure to vote, add to library, and share about this to all the writers you know!