Chapter One: Goat-Demon In A Weird Diet

UNEDITED

My head was aching and wet. The way my arms scream in pain made me feel like blacking out. I tried looking at my coach to have pity on me but damn, she was busy talking to someone on the phone. I need to train harder, but it's been an hour since we had a break. Damn coach, always treating us as if we're not human. My former coaches would give me a break every fifteen to twenty minutes because they said I'm still a child. But seriously, my arms will start coming off.

"Ya scared coward?" Jonie yelled as she almost punched me again on the face. I ducked and tried covering my face with both of my arms as she tried targeting my head with her fists.

Jonie's my best friend, I've known her for quite a long time. When we were classmates back in grade one I would pull her pig tails and she would kick my ass. Such good times.

"Just tired...can...we take a break?" I wheezed out. She stood before me and sighed.

She may be my practice opponent but she's always concern for my health. Jonie's the twin sister that I never had.

"Gee Sammie, you sure are out of shape. Are you sleeping on time lately?"  She asked, looking concerned for me. I quickly removed my boxing gloves and took my mineral water. The bottle almost slipped thanks to my sweaty hands, good thing I caught it.

"It's...kinda hard to explain..." I trailed off, my mind thinking of the horrible nightmares that's been haunting me for a while. It was weird, too weird. And I don't want to talk about it.

She also removed her gloves and took her long white towel. "Family problems again?"

I nodded in response. Family problems is one of the reasons, though my bad dreams are preventing me to sleep peacefully, I always have to face my mother. And I have to ask my mother again and again who the hell is my father just to kill my curiosity. Then we would fight, again.

She sighed even more deeply, oh gee her sisterly instincts are kicking in. As I braced myself for a load some of scolding black spots started dancing in and out of my vision. My breathing became shallow and I had to lean on the ropes to maintain my balance. I couldn't think straight, some part of me is yelling to kill my friend.

She keeps on beating you! Kill her! Use your ability!

"No...I can't." I muttered, my headache getting worst.

"What? I'm asking you to join me at the party tomorrow night! Why can't you join?" She shrieked, her hand on my shoulder shaking me.

Though Jonie loves boxing she sure is a girly girl. I looked her into the eyes and gave her an apologetic smile.

She'll betray you, listen to yourself!

"Sorry,sorry I wasn't listening." I quickly said. This other side of mine is really active today. Always telling me to kill every friend I have. Always giving me ideas how to kill. God, how I'm greatful for you,

"So...you'll come to the party?" She asked.

I opened the bottle cap and quickly said, "No."

When water finally quenched my roaring thirst, Jonie removed her head gear and was all pouty face on me.

"Why not!?"

"Family problems, remember?" I reminded her.

And I might kill everyone, no thanks.

"Is your mom that evil that she won't let you attend a party? Come on Sammie! You'll be turning fourteen soon! FOURTEEN!" She was shouting so loud I swear the vein on her neck popped out.