Chapter 13

"If you cross the inverse you can see the formula works. It's rudermertary mathematics." The lecturer drone on. 

I looked at students in my periphery. They looked bored. Someone yawned so widely I saw his tongue had yellow fuzz. The students in the class knew the material. I couldn't even take notes. I had no comprehension for what was being lectured. I didn't even know what I didn't understand. 

It was remarkably overpowering to feel so prolifically stupid. 

"Now if we take the current formula and factor it in to the next section, we can step things up another level." The lecturer continued.

I had missed the past week of class. I thought I could easily have caught up on the missed two session. However I had underestimated the advance nature of the class. I felt my eyes well up with tears and forced them back. I couldn't cry here. Not now. 

Before I was taken I was enrolled as a math major. I was so excited. I loved numbers. I thought there was a rhythm in mathematics. A numerical hum that rang out, play by the mastery of physic. It was so smooth and easy.

The university was quick to reinstate my initial acceptance. They used my high school score and previous test marks to admit me. I didn't even need to do an entrance exam. Maybe I should have. My brain was different after the experiments. 

The last experiment the scientist did drained my cerebral fluid. Something happened. I couldn't think as before. My brain had been damaged and my werewolf healing couldn't restore it. I couldn't sense direction. My internal compass was broken. Trying to find my classes took most of my mental capacity. The effort to focus was beyond me.  

My capture had eroded my intelligence.

My compentecy had significantly declined during my imprisonment. I was discovering new weaknesses as time went on. I wondered how would others react if they found out. No, when they found out. The repercussions would be significant. The university would revoke their scholarship. Would I be able to find work? I wasn't even sure what I would be able to do.

The time of the classes ended. I bolted out the door racing for the exit.  

"I can't do this." I thought to myself. Out of all my quicksand of thoughts, that was the only one that stood steadfast. I was a farce. 

I wondered aimlessly around the university until it was time to go home. 

"How was class?" Anna asked as she picked me up.

I shrugged. 

"It will get better." Anna said optimistically. 

Would it? 

We went home. I walked straight to my room unsure of how to cope