Chapter 3

Inwardly I found myself sighing in relief. I felt so rested reveling in the delight of sleep. Yet someone talking pulled me out of the comforting, un-feeling sanctuary. Slowly my body awakened to the familiar aches and pounding headache. 

"She looks so thin. She was never so thin before. Her hair seems darker too." Said a voice. The murmuring and talking pulled me out of my slumber. Someone was in my room. Wait. Someone was in my room. My eyes shot open and I bolted upright, startled in fright. Fear filled the room with a acrid, ammonia like smell.  Usually I could pick up if someone approached my room, long before they came in. 

"Whoa, whoa there. It's all right you are okay. It's just us." Said Alpha Roger instantly at my side. I look past around and saw someone standing in trepidation in the corner of the room. The woman looked vaguely familiar. I struggled to place her, partly due to the confusion but also due to that fact that she looked so different from anyone I had known.

"Annabelle?" I asked finally seeing the resemblance.

"Hey sis." She said shyly, approaching me with care. She reached for me, but pulled her hand back nervous of hurting me with a touch.

"You look so different." I said, in awe of the beauty she had become. Annabelle had outgrown her short pixie haircut into long waves. Gone was the bleach platinum hair replaced by her natural chocolate brown. The usual vibrant, electric make up she used to thrive was vanquished. She only had on mascara and a faint shadow of blush. It was simple, fresh and made her natural beauty radiate out. She had grown into herself. I felt like I was seeing my older sister as who she truly was.

She was a familiar stranger.

"Bogart didn't like me with bleached hair and helped to persuade me to change. I always wanted to stand out and thought bleaching my hair would do so. Then I realized that every one of my friends had the same look. Guess all of us were trying to be different in the same way." She said nervously. She smiled, her eyes full of a multitude of emotions.

Bogart. Anna's soul mate. He was a nice guy. Bo was a good soul mate. He was consistent and had strong character. He was the only one who could persuade Annabelle out of her fiery stubbornness. He balanced her the same way Max balanced me. 

"I can't imagine me life without him. The kids take after me. They are wild, free and bold. Bo balances us all out. " She said, scrunching her nose.  The light that shone in her eyes when she spoke of him still sparkled brightly. I think she was more in love with him now than what she was when she first met him. I stared at her in wonder. Her features were so beautiful. 

I was surprised she had more kids. I had frozen my family into the people they had been when I was taken. I pictured her as a mom of one.

"You have more kids now?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yep. Bobby has two twin sisters, Bree and Anna. They will be four next month." She said, smiling happily.

"You named them after me?" I asked in disbelief.

"I always said I would name a daughter after you. Then I had two!" She said, squeezing my foot. My foot had broken in four places. It healed but was extremely sensitive to pressure. I flinched. Anna withdrew her hand placing them in her pockets. She smiled sadly, but her brows furrowed in worry and concern.

The mood changed in the room.

"What are they like?" I asked, trying to force the warmth feeling  back into the room, my words scratchy. I wasn't used to making conversation. 

"They can't wait to meet you. Bobby has been spurring them on, telling them stories of how you spoiled him when he was younger. He still remembers even though he could barely walk since he last saw you. I've never seen the girls so jealous. Livid almost. I had to stop them from gluing his hair together whilst he was sleeping this morning. It seems that I had only succeeded in diverting their attention and efforts. They are on a mission to get you to love them more than him. I swear it took all of Bogart's werewolf strength to keep them at home." Said Annabelle shaking her head.