Can You Find Me In The Midst Of A Crowd?

AN: This chapter is dedicated to jackkkyyy because her friend radical23 requested this story for her birthday. Happy Birthday, jackkkyyy! I hope you enjoy the story!

Jacky

“Ready to go, Jacky?” my friend, also named Jackie, questioned. Jackie and I were going to a concert to see For The Foxes, We Are The In Crowd, and a few other bands. She had told me that the other bands were The Summer Set and Go Radio. I hadn’t really heard any of The Summer Set or Go Radio’s music, but I was pretty excited anyway.

“Yep, let’s go,” I replied. She then grabbed her car keys and we walked out her front door. Jackie, being two years older than me, could drive so neither of our parents would have to go with us.

The drive to venue wasn’t too far and the whole time, Jackie had We Are The In Crowd’s album Best Intentions playing. “Kiss me again underneath the moonlight! You’re more than a friend! I knew it from the first sight!” we sang at the top of our lungs. A few songs later, Jackie was parking her car and we got out to join the never ending line that snaked around the venue.

“I really hope WATIC plays Kiss Me Again. They should bring Nick from For The Foxes out to sing Alex’s part,” Jackie rambled on. She had been talking about this concert all month. I was surprised she hadn’t been camped out in front of the venue last night the way she went on and on about how close she wanted to be.

After what felt like forever, the doors were open and we flooded into the venue. We got We Are The In Crowd and For The Foxes t-shirts and then joined the large crowd that had already formed in front of the stage. For The Foxes was on first and they were amazing. I had never seen them before and they definitely didn’t fail to amaze me. Then Go Radio played. They were pretty good, but the whole time I was just waiting for We Are The In Crowd to come on. When they finally did, I could tell Jackie was disappointed that Nick was not included on Kiss Me Again, but she did her best to hide it.

“Do you wanna go or stay around for the last band?” Jackie asked after Tay, Jordan, Rob, Mike, and Cameron had exited the stage. While I really didn’t care, we did pay good money to see these people.

“Let’s stay. We might end up liking them a lot,” I answered with a shrug. They couldn’t be that bad. If they were touring with two of my favorite bands, they must be pretty good.

A few minutes later, the lights dimmed and the music started. “Let me set it straight. I’ve done some shit and maybe I ain’t too proud of it,” the lead singer belted out. I couldn’t help but move a bit to the beat. I was immediately glad we had stayed. Not only was the music not too bad, but the singer was really cute. He had light brown hair and the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen.

After the song was over, the singer put his microphone on the mic stand. “How you doing tonight, Houston?” he yelled into the mic. The response was deafening, but I wasn’t paying attention because he was looking straight at me with those gorgeous eyes as he said it. He gave a smile. I wasn’t sure if it was meant for me or it was just a response to the crowd’s cheering, but I smiled back. I was kind of hoping it was for me.

Brian

As I looked out at the crowd during the first song, my eyes landed on a beautiful girl. She had stunning brown hair and amazing chocolate eyes. I seriously couldn’t take my eyes off of her. I was afraid that if I did I might not be able to find her in the midst of the crowd. When I smiled at her, she shot me a beautiful grin back. The whole time she was bouncing around. I didn’t see her singing along, but I didn’t think anything of it. The whole show I was hoping that she would stick around so I could meet her. I’m sure she realized I kept looking at her and I thought maybe she would want to meet me.

“Who did you keep looking at in the crowd?” John questioned when we were back stage. I used a nearby towel to wipe off the beats of sweat on my face, but I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I didn’t know if it was because the show had went really well or the fact that I couldn’t get that girl off of my mind. She was just so flawless.

“I was looking at someone in the crowd?” I responded, playing dumb. He would probably think that I was crazy if I told him that I had practically stared down some girl who I thought was pretty the whole show.

“Yeah. Some girl. Do you know her or something?” he asked, obviously confused. All I did was shake my head and then started to walk out of our dressing room. After the shows we always went out to meet some fans and tonight I was on a mission.

After a few hours of talking to fans, smiling for pictures, and signing countless autographs, I was exhausted and disappointed. It looked like mystery girl had bolted out after we played because she was nowhere to be found. I searched around the whole venue for her with high hopes, but I couldn’t find her. After a while, I gave up and sulked back to our bus. Maybe next time we were in Houston I’d get to meet her.