Do You Think Of Me Now?

This chapter is dedicated to radical23 for requesting the story!

A few months later…

Brian

“Houston, here we come!” Josh screamed as our tour bus entered the city. I had almost forgotten today was the Houston show. Even since I saw that girl in the crowd last time we played here, I’d been wanted to come back and hopefully meet her and talk to her.

As soon as we were parked at the venue, Jess announced that she was starving and we decided to go wander around the streets of Houston looking for something to eat. After a fifteen minutes of our search, we found a Panera Bread. As we walked up to the line, I was staring at the ground thinking about that girl smiling at me from the crowd when I bumped into someone.

“Sorry!” I exclaimed, looking up at the person who I had just crashed into. I was a bit taken aback when I saw the pair of chocolate brown eyes that I had been thinking about for the last few months staring at me.

“It’s ok,” she replied, picking up her wallet that had dropped to the floor. Usually I would’ve picked it up for her, but all I could do was stand there in complete shock. It couldn’t be her, could it? After all this time I had spent waiting, it couldn’t be her, but when her beautiful eyes locked with mine again, I knew for certain it was her.

“What?” she questioned when she saw me staring at her. I quickly looked away in embarrassment and felt my cheeks get hot. I was so terrible at talking to girls.

“It’s just that, uh… I saw you at one of my band’s shows a few months ago,” I stammered, hoping I didn’t sound too dumb. All I wanted was for her to like me, but that was never going to happen if I sounded like an idiot.

She looked up at me thoughtfully before her eyes lit up. “You’re the lead singer of that band… The Summer Set, right?” she replied, looking proud of herself for remembering me.

“Yeah, that’s me. You came to a show awhile ago, right?” I questioned. I was about to get on my hands and knees and pray that it was actually her. 

“Yep. I went with my friend. We had actually never heard any of your guys’ music before that,” she answered with a nod. It was a bit weird to know that someone I had seen at a show wasn’t a fan, but I was kind of glad. She probably didn’t have any preconceived opinions about me, which I liked.

“Really?” I asked a bit surprised and she gave me another nod. “Well, then, I’m Brian,” I told her, sticking out my hand. I instantly kicked myself for being so formal. Who shook hands anymore anyway?

“Nice to meet you, Brian. I’m Jacky,” she replied, shaking my hand. She didn’t seem phased by my formalness, which was good. 

We talked the whole time we stood in line and then while we wait for our food. When my name was called, I didn’t want to leave her. I had waited months to meet her and I didn’t want this to just be a few minute conversation. “Do you wanna, um, eat with us?” I questioned after spotting where Josh, John, Jess, and Stephen were sitting. I would’ve done anything for her to say yes.

“Uh, sure. Let me just grab my friend. She was saving out seat,” she responded. I let out a sigh of relief as she went off to find her friend. I wanted to do a happy dance, but holding my plate of food made it impossible.

“This is my friend who’s also Jackie,” Jacky told me when she returned. I sent the other Jackie a warm smile and we headed towards the table where the rest of the band was sitting. I was hoping none of them would mind that I invited Jacky and Jackie to sit with us.

“Guys, this is Jacky and her friend Jackie,” I introduced. I then went around the table and introduced the rest of the band. Thankfully no one seemed to mind and they seemed to fit right in. The whole time, I couldn’t stop looking at those stunning brown eyes. I had never seen anything like them and her smile was just as gorgeous. The whole time I was trying to tell myself that I couldn’t like her because I just met her, but I did. She was perfect. How could I not like her?