CH 6: Come On, Hanson

"God, you really are a prick, Paul. Zachary and I are obviously dating. Why do you have to purposely flaunt that in front of his face? It's not like our relationship was even a big deal!" Ally slammed her coffee down and was now glaring at the ginger who was obviously proud of himself. He smiled and rolled his eyes. "Come on, Allyson. If that's all it takes to get to the great Zac Hanson then he's in trouble in this business." Allyson stood up and looked him in the eye and didn't feel anger anymore, as she put her coat on and gathered her things; she felt certainty. Certain that Zac was the one, and certain that she had to make it right with him.  Walking backwards out of the cafeteria she looked at Paul. "His reputation towers yours in every possible way. Best of luck Paul. And by the way, no one here likes you." She turned on her heels to find Zac.        

To say that Ally was upset with herself would be an understatement. She didn't owe Paul coffee, her time, or a damn thing for that matter. He took the coward way our of their relationship and she was now with Zac whom she'd now hurt. When she walked up to his office she found him scowling at his laptop and rubbing his eyes. Sheepishly Ally shut the door behind her and sat in the seat across from him. She always loved his office; it was cozy and made her forget that he actually worked there most days. Face down on his desk was a picture frame. Desperate to break the thick silence Ally picked up the frame . Zac seemed to jump grabbing it from her. "That's not yours, ma'am." Zac face was tomato red as Ally looked at the black and white candid in her hand. It was a shot of Zac with his arms around her holding a camera up to her face so she could see the shot he had in mind. What the photo didn't show was that they were in London and that it was 2009 when it was taken. This picture was from the first day that they were intimate. "Who gave this to you, Zachary?" Ally's eyes were wide as she bit her lip waiting for an answer. He sighed and then a small smile worked its way onto his face. "Ivy, the model from the shoot gave it to me. She told me that we looked like we were in love so she had to take a picture."He sat back down and playfully plucked the frame from her hands placing it back in its spot next to a picture of all his nieces and nephews from Halloween. 

"Zac, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Paul. I met him at a sorority party my sophomore year at NYU and we dated for six months until one day he stood me up and then never contacted me again. I was embarrassed so didn't tell you, and I sure as hell didn't know that he worked here until this morning and that's the truth...I just..I..Come on, Hanson. I'm no good at this type of thing." Ally looked at her hands waiting for him to say anything. Her heart was racing as she prayed that he wasn't furious with her. Zac waited a moment and took a deep breath. He felt like an injured fifteen year old and felt stupid for walking away. Quickly he came to her side of the desk and knelt in front of her. He cupped her face forcing her to look at him. "I'm not mad, Ally. I just felt jealous which is ridiculous because it's Paul and I know he's so fucking petty. I'm sorry I did that, I really am. I was more mad that I didn't get to pull out the chair for you. I always want to do that for you." He kissed her forehead and helped her stand up. "Now let's go get your things and bring them to my apartment so I can have sometime with you before we go to Tulsa. I know my family won't leave you alone once they meet you."  She smiled and helped him lock up the office.

 Later that afternoon our couple was eating Thai food and packing. By the door were five bags. Two were makeup cases and three camera equipment and electronics. Zac was charging their phones and checking off his list. "Your apartment clean...car parked...my apartment clean..garbage out at both places..clothes packed..I emailed Raye..alarms are set for 3a.m." Ally came out of the bedroom dressed in green lingerie. And said in her sexiest voice, "Screw your girlfriend silly...." Zac dropped his pen and walked over to her. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't get the smirk off his face. She looked like an expensive gift on Christmas that was his to unwrap. He cupped her right cheek delicately and kissed her deeply. Just as they pulled away he threw her over his shoulder and brought her to his bedroom where he teased her for the better part of twenty minutes. He began kissing her lips then moved down her body. He kissed her breasts over the beautiful lace that covered them then carefully pulling it over her head he laid her down and began to kiss every part of her. They made up well into the evening and fell asleep in one another's arms. 

Just before the alarm was to go off Zac woke up to look at Ally. Although she was sleeping she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. Her hair was in a messy bun now and she was wearing one of Zac's hoodies from his band back home. He couldn't help himself and Zac took one of his old cameras out and snapped some photos of her sleeping. He loved this woman, and he'd be kidding himself if he didn't admit to it. "Why have we wasted so much time not having a relationship and playing games?" Zac thought as the alarm went off interrupting the peaceful time that he was having.