Part 18

I woke up the next morning due to the sun shining in my face through the window. I felt relaxed, all the information of yesterday absorbed in my sleep. I sat upright and finally got a chance to properly see the room. Last night when we came in it was dark except for a few candles lighting our way here. It was not going to be easy getting Zanne ready for her wedding without electricity. I thought before looking around the room. It was really pretty in a woodsy way. The room was made of wood and had two beds and a dresser. On the bed across from me I could see Zanne still sleeping peacefully.

I got up as softly as I could, grabbed my bag and slipped out the door. I needed a bath but if they didn't have electricity I was almost certain that they wouldn't have warm water. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out they did. I relaxed in the bath filled with warm water and bubbles almost drifting back to sleep. I heard a noise right beside the bath and quickly opened my eyes.

It was that girl from last night, Shenna, I thought surprised. What the hell was she doing in the bathroom while I was taking a bath? That was just weird right? She could have knocked at least! Just as I was about to tell her that she began to speak.

"Good morning, its Reyna right?" she asked me with a warm smile. I was still feeling a little awkward.

"Uhhh yeah?" I said wondering what she wanted.

My face must have shown how embarrassed and confused I was because a light suddenly came up for her.

"Oh, I'm sorry for just bursting in while you're taking a bath. Sometimes I forget that not all people, like the werewolves, are so comfortable being naked around other people. But the way you were dressed yesterday..." she said while getting me a towel. "It just made me think that your customs might be more like ours than the city folk." She turned back towards me holding the towel towards me.

I didn't understand how she could think that I would walk around naked just because I was wearing a short and a t-shirt yesterday. "Why would you think that?"

"It's just that city folk would never be seen wearing anything that showed skin at all. Not even their ankles. And since I didn't know what race you were I just came to my own conclusions. Sorry about that." She said with an apologetic smile

"It's fine." I said waving it off with my hand trying to get up out o the bath and not cover myself too quickly. If my clothes made them believe that I was comfortable being naked around other people I should probably act that way. If I didn't she would probably ask more questions about what race I am and I honestly have no idea. I thought I was just human with a little royal magic blood.

"I was thinking about heading to the kitchen to prepare my sister breakfast in bed on her big day" I said trying to change the subject while starting to get dressed

"That's exactly why I came to find you. I want to help with something, anything. It is a lot of work to get ready for a wedding and since your sister is just going to take over my wedding ceremony I think I would be able to be of assistance." She said sincerely. It was a little surprising to be honest. I didn't expect to get help from my sisters soon to be husband's ex-fiancé.

"Why? Aren't you upset that my sister stole your fiancé?" I asked surprised

"What? Are you kidding? She saved me from living a life of loneliness married to a person that I didn't love. Because of her I now have a chance to be with my mate and that is something that I would be eternally grateful for. That's why I would do anything to help, just to show her that I am thankful for what she has done." She almost pleaded with me to let her help

I guess I didn't understand what it was like to truly feel love yet. I saw the way my parents looked at each other sure but it wasn't the same. If Shenna was human she probably would have been upset because my sister stole her chance to become the queen of their people, but she seemed relieved. And that thought made me smile. She must truly love her mate, and that means that Xander truly had to love my sister.