Part 42

The wound on my arm was throbbing. Man, that was close. Zorgan looked pissed off. I guess I shouldn't have underestimated him like that. I checked my shoulder before I started to get up only to see Ryan rushing forward and grabbing Zorgan by the throat. He threw him up in the air, in the blink of an eye Ryan was already waiting in the air to hit him full force back down. As Zorgan landed on the ground with a humph Ryan was there pressing his foot on Zorgan's neck.

Ryan bent down with a face filled with rage. "Don't you dare touch her" he said menacingly before pressing his foot down harder.

Ryan might be stronger than me but he let's his emotions get the best of him. His anger made him lose his focus long enough for Zorgan to chop him behind the leg causing his grip on Zorgan to loosen and get out from underneath Ryan.

I checked Razzardus to see that he also noticed how easily Zorgan could escape. Ryan had already made a crucial mistake in this battle. He showed his one and only weakness. Me.

Zorgan disappeared before Ryan could catch him again and reappeared behind him. I closed my eyes to blink and when I opened them I was quickly brought to a state of confusion. Ryan was surrounded by skeleton type monsters, Zorgan's power seemed to have went down so much that I was unable to read it clearly and Razzardus was standing there with an extremely large smile. Ryan was beaten up pretty badly I saw as he glanced my way at Razzarduss's next words.

"Oh look who decided to join us once again!" Razzardus mocked once he spotted me looking around confused.

It felt like I had just woken up after a long sleep. Still dazed. What the hell just happened?

Ryan's P.O.V

I saw Rey jump out of the way just in time to dodge the lightning bolt. She was getting too cocky. If you discover one day that not only do you have magical powers but you're also one of the most powerful beings on the face of the planet, you tend to get a bit of an ego.

In this case however it didn't look like she had an ego problem. She looked to assured of the fact that Zorgan wasn't as strong as her, but how could she tell? I can't sense anything. I tried sensing again to see that he had lowered his guard and was indeed showing his PL. A PL of 80. Interesting, I thought it would be higher.

I saw Rey look at her shoulder where she still sat on the ground. There was a large raw wound on her upper arm. The rays from the lightning bolt must have hit her! The pain on her face Immediately had me engulfed in a flaming tornado of rage. I stormed Zorgan and threw him up in the air by his neck. Before gravity had a chance to pull him back down I hit him from up in the air sending him flying back to the ground at an incredible speed.

I flew down and pressed my foot down on his neck cutting off his circulation. I bent closer to make sure he could hear my words.

"Don't you dare touch her" I told him menacingly pressing down harder on his throat.

Zorgan hit the back of my knee which resulted in me losing my grip. I stumbled slightly allowing Zorgan to escape from my grasp. I quickly turned to grab him again but he was gone.

I turned around when I felt a wave of energy pass through me from behind. The energy formed a blue ring that went further and further form me, trapping us all in it's magic. Everything the energy touched came to a standstill. Even the leaves and the dangerous storm lurking above me seemed to quiet down. I looked at Rey to see her frozen in her spot.

He stopped time. But how? The only way that's possible is through a chant and I didn't hear anything.

"How did you do that?" I asked him, demanding an answer.