Chapter 2

Rebecca gulped and shook her head, all the time running a scene when she tells her mother that she will be living in the same house with a young-hot-blooded man. Swallowing a groan, she gave Jeremy a tight smile, 'no, it'll not be a problem, though I ask that I move in tomorrow as I was not aware of my need to stay here. I'll have to explain this to my mother.' When Jeremy continued staring at her, Rebecca bit on her lower lip, 'is that ok?'

'I was waiting for you to tell me that you'll also need to explain this to your boyfriend as well,' Jeremy raised an eyebrow at her. 'I take it there is no boyfriend to explain this situation to?' he smiled when he noticed the faint blush covering her cheeks, 'well, that answers it. Fine, you can move in tomorrow.' He said as he turned on his heels and headed back to the direction they had come from.

'Thank you,' Rebecca said, trying her best not to show her relief or embarrassment. Trying to explain to her mother why she was not able to head back home that evening through the phone was not going to end well. It could have ended in a number of ways, each one more frightening than the other. She quickly followed him, slightly jogging to keep with his long strides.

Jeremy stopped suddenly and turned to her, his hands went automatically to her arms to steady as she bumped into him. 'Are you always so-,' he frowned as he searched for the word he wanted to describe her with, his hands still on her arms. 'Proper?'

Rebecca frowned, flustered at having run into his back. But that was not her fault, he stopped without any warning. 'P-proper?'

'Formal? Stiff?' Jeremy shrugged as he let go of her arms and placed his hands on his hips, regarding her with his blue eyes.

Rebecca frowned, 'I am not stiff!' she exclaimed vehemently. Jeremy just raised his eyebrow at her, prompting her to add, 'I am a bit nervous, that's all.'

'Right,' Jeremy nodded his head slowly, saying the word as though he did not believe her. Before he could say anything else, his mobile phone started ringing. Removing it from the back of the low riding denim jeans he was wearing, he answered with a touch on the screen, 'hi, Marko. I'll be there in fifteen.' Cutting the connection he replaced the phone back into his back pocket.

Rebecca stepped away from him, her hands going behind her back as she waited for Jeremy to finish with his call. Her eyes kept bouncing around, hitting anything but his torso, or the bunched up muscles as he held the phone to his ear.

'Listen,' Jeremy glanced at his watch. 'I have got to bounce. You do your thing.' He turned around, continuing with his walk. By the stairs going to the top storey, he stopped, 'When you are done, close up and I'll see you tomorrow. I'll leave the alarm codes by the table over there.' He pointed to a small table by the door with his chin, before he started going up the stairs. By the third step he stopped, 'before I forget, George, the gardener will be here around eleven, so don't go panicking when you see him.'

Rebecca bit her tongue to keep from replying him; instead she nodded her head once.

Jeremy broke into a chuckle, 'stiff!' he ran the remaining stairs, not waiting for her to say anything.

Rebecca just stared after him for a few seconds, before shaking her head and walking towards the kitchen. She had figured she could start there, as she had spied a pile of dirty dishes during Jeremy's fast forward tour.

Depositing her handbag on one of the breakfast stools by the kitchen island, she quickly set to work, collecting all the dirty dishes, rinsing them before she fed them into the dishwasher. She found the surface cleaner, making sure she had all the kitchen surfaces cleaned before she cleaned the floors.

Remembering all the tips her mother had given her together with experience she had gained looking after the house while Emma was at work, Rebecca worked with an easy speed, leaving only cleanliness behind her. Jeremy had called a goodbye and a reminder of the alarm codes as he made his way out of the house, so she felt comfortable enough to move around the house.