Chapter 3

Rebecca knocked at the front door and waited for a minute before reaching for her keys and letting herself into the Martenson house. She had spent the previous night between packing a few belongings that she wanted to take with her and appeasing her mother's worry.

Getting up earlier than usual, she had made sure that she made breakfast for her mother and brother before heading over to Jeremy's house. She had arrived at exactly six o'clock that morning, the neighbourhood was still asleep. Driving her beat up car, she had hoped that it was not going to die on her in the middle of the road.

'Hello?' she called from the door she had just opened before she pressed the code on the alarm, disarming it. She placed her car keys and handbag on the nearest table before heading to the sitting room. When she did not find Jeremy there, she moved to the kitchen. Groaning at the mess, she shook her head before heading back out to get her stuff unpacked.

She was struggling to get her last bag up the stairs when Jeremy walked out of the front door, as usual he was wearing only a pair of jeans and was bare-chested, his hair looking tussled up as though someone has been running their fingers through it the entire time.

'Do you need any help?' he asked, crossing his arms and leaning on the doorframe, watching her as she struggled to get her huge bag up the six steps he had wanted to lead to the main door from the driveway.

Rebecca turned a bit, 'no, I'm alright,' she said as she pulled the bag, only to lose her grip and the bag falling all the way down. 'Shit!' she hissed, her hands going to her hips. Closing her eyes, she turned with a small smile. 'Sorry, but may you please help me?'

Jeremy laughed, 'was waiting for that.' he moved past her. Taking the bag in one hand, he walked up the stairs as though it weighed nothing, leaving Rebecca gaping at him. 'After you,' he stopped at the door, holding it open for her.

Rebecca walked up, moving past him, feeling like a weakling. 'Thank you.' She led the way to her rooms, all the time making a promise to herself to hit the gym more frequently, add some muscles on her body. The thought of that had her wrinkling her nose. Heck no! She thought to herself.

'Who's this?' a woman's voice spoke up from behind them as they passed the staircase to the upstairs rooms.

Rebecca stopped and turned, expecting to find the same woman she met the previous day, only to find a different one. This one had honey coloured hair, and was at the moment standing in a pair of matching bra and panties. Rebecca turned away to hide her embarrassment. What was wrong with everyone in this house, walking around semi-naked all the time?

'My housekeeper,' Jeremy stated as he moved to usher Rebecca to her room.

'Are you kidding me?' the woman asked as she moved down the stairs. 'Isn't she too young to be a housekeeper? Is she another one of your girls?' she flicked her long hair away from her shoulders, her eyes shooting daggers as they took in Rebecca.

Rebecca gulped and moved away from her, hiding behind Jeremy. This was one situation that she was not comfortable with. If only Lily was here, she could have been enjoying this, getting the inside scoop of her celebrity crush and his love life.

'I have no time for this,' Jeremy took Rebecca's arm and pulled her with him.

'But Jer,' the woman said as she moved fast and stood in front of them, succeeding in stopping them. She placed her perfectly manicured hand on his bare chest, drawing patterns on it, her eyes lowered and mouth pouting.

Jeremy removed her hand and moved past her, 'not now, Alice.'

With a look of total venom to Rebecca, Alice walked around them and ascended the stairs again.