Chapter 5

'Oh, come on, Becky!' Lily groaned. 'Can't you just tell me something exciting going on in that house?'

Rebecca shook her head as she took a sip from her glass. It had been a week since she had moved into the Martenson house, a week of quietness and getting comfortable with her routine since most of the time Jeremy was not around or came back late at night and left way before she woke up. The only indication that he was even in the house was his unmade bed and the sticky notes that he left for her on the fridge door.

'I can't tell you anything, Lily,' Rebecca replied. 'I have signed a ND contract.' It was a Saturday, a day that she was free according to the contract she had signed with Jeremy.

Lily pouted, 'that is just so boring! Why would he make you do that?'

Rebecca raised her eyebrows. If she could tell her friend what was in the contract she was sure that Lily was going to have a heart attack. Thinking back on the contract, Rebecca had to sigh to hide her frustrations. She had sat down with Jeremy after her initial reading of it so that they could agree on a few changes she had. At the end of it all, Jeremy had used his manipulative ways to get her to sign, changing the minor details and leaving the major ones untouched.

'Because he can,' Rebecca shrugged and sat back, studying her friend. 'Imagine all your moves are shadowed everyday by people with cameras trying to get a picture of you so that they can sell for disgustingly large amounts of money. Wouldn't you want to protect yourself when you are at your own house?'

Lily gawked at her, 'you are defending him? After saying that some of the stunts he pulled were for publicity?'

'When ever did I say that?' Rebecca frowned.

'February 14th 2019, when he had a date with more than one girl and he had them perform all those stupid moves so that they could win a date with him, even though he was the one who invited all of them to begin with.' Lily sat back on her chair, crossed her arms before her and raised an eyebrow to Rebecca, waiting for her reply.

Rebecca rolled her eyes, 'it does not take a genius to see that was a publicity stunt. At the end of the night he went home with all the four women! What I am saying is that everyone deserves a place where they can relax and be themselves. Drink milk from the carton without worrying the paparazzi will jump out of the bushes, or walk around in only your PJ bottoms if you want to.'

Lily's eyes grew as big as a saucer, 'shut up! He walks around his house half naked?' she gasped, fanning herself with her hand. 'Tell me more.'

'Really, Lily!' Rebecca shook her head at friend. 'All I am saying here is I understand why he made me sign the contract. That's all!'

Lily sighed, 'so you really are not going to give me any juicy titbits about him, are you?'

'Nope,' Rebecca smiled as she finished up her drink.

'Does that mean I can't come to visit you at the Martenson house? I mean you have moved out of your house and you now reside there. Would I also need to sign some waivers?'

'Sneaky!' Rebecca laughed. 'I will ask him and see what he says.' Just as she finished her sentence her mobile phone started ringing. 'Speaking of the devil. Hello, Jeremy.'

'Where are you?' there was no greeting, just straight to the point.

Rebecca frowned, 'out with a friend. What's up?'

'Male or female?' Jeremy asked. 'Never mind. I need you to prepare a dinner for four people tonight. Short notice but I am sure you will do fine.'

'Uhh?' Rebecca closed her eyes  at that. 'Sorry, what?