Chapter 2 - New status.

The school bell rang once again, signaling the end of their second period, and the students from Casper High all walked out of their classrooms. Danny and Sam looked up at each other simultaneously, a smile on both their faces. They were sitting across from each other on a school bench eating gummy bears, "Time's up, ghost boy," the goth said, taking the last red gummy bear left in the bag, her gaze then returning to Danny's ocean blue eyes, "Yeah, I guess so... unless we ditch another class!" the boy smirked back, losing himself in Sam's bright purple eyes, "No! We're not ditching another class on the first day," Sam said, but she didn't get a response. She began waving her hand in front of him, "Danny? Danny!" she yelled, "Huh?" Danny shook his head and cleared his thoughts, "What? I'm sorry, did you say something?"

"Yeah, that we're not ditching again. Are you OK? You looked lost for a bit,"

"Yeah, my bad, I was just thinking about you- I mean, not like- um... I'm gonna stop talking,"

Sam just smiled at him in amusement, trying her best not to laugh at his comment. There was a little blush creeping on her cheeks, but not too visible for Danny to notice. Danny on the other hand, had his cheeks burning bright red, completely embarrassed. He lowered his face and pretended to gather his stuff in an attempt to hide his red cheeks from Sam. He sighed inwardly and mentally face-palmed again, 'Nice going, Fenton. You couldn't have just said you got lost in thought? Man, I'm hopeless.' 

"Alright, let's get to class," the goth said, while picking up her spider-like backpack and making her way back to the school building, Danny following her immediately.

The two teens walked into their friend Tucker as they approached their classroom, thankfully they had most of their classes together this semester. As they entered the room, they noticed the A-Listers in the back corner, they kept glancing at the trio every now and then as they kept whispering to each other, "Ugh, what are the gossiping about now?" Sam muttered, rolling her eyes at the sight of Paulina, who had been glaring at her for a while now, "Who knows, but they're definitely talking about us... Danny, you're Dash's favorite, got any ideas why they keep STARING AT US?" Tucker said, emphasizing his last words loud enough for the A-Listers to stop their staring and whisper to each other again, but the beautiful Latina kept glancing over to Sam with deathly look every few seconds. Danny began looking back and forth between Paulina and Sam, noticing the endless glaring. He knew they still hated each other and if looks could kill... 

Danny sighed, "Sam, stop trying to mentally kill Paulina, will you?"

"Sure, but I already pictured her tragic death in twenty different ways," the girl shrugged, turning back to face Danny, and an evil grin appearing on her face, "make it twenty one different ways..."

Danny rolled his eyes "Sam... c'mon, stop. Just ignore them, will you?" he begged, but he lost his cool at the sound of a familiar, unpleasant voice call at him...

"Hey, Fenton!" Dash yelled, and Danny began shifting himself in his seat in order to face the jock; he knew if he ignored him, things would only get worse.

"Yes, Dash?"

"How was your vacation? Did you have fun with your girlfriend?"

Danny's eyes went wide in surprise, Dash was asking him about his summer? This was a trick, right? He hesitated a little before replying, "It was great. But, I don't have a girlfriend," he replied cautiously, glancing at his friends for a second.

Dash tilted his head in confusion, "Oh, I assumed you and Manson were a thing now," he explained.

This statement took the trio by surprise, Tucker burst into laughter and tears threatened to fall from his eyes. Danny flinched at the loud booming of Tucker's laugh, and Sam quickly turned to face the other away, avoiding Danny's gaze at all cost, she could feel herself blushing now.