Chapter 3 - The explanations.

The next day Danny woke up, he thought about how to explain his new status to Sam and Tucker. He knew it had to be in somewhere private because if Tucker reacted like he thought he would, it would be too dangerous to be in a public place. Danny grabbed his phone and immediately texted Tucker,

To: Tuck
Dude, I need to tell you guys something important. Go to Sam's house ASAP. I'll meet you there in 20.

He then walked into the shower, taking the quickest shower he could, walked out and readied himself to leave. Looking through his closet he pulled out a red T-shirt, black jeans and red Converse, dressing himself quickly as possible.

He walked downstairs and found his mother sitting in the dining table cleaning off the ice from the Jack o' Nine Tails, "Hey, mom. Are you still taking the ice off from yesterday?"

"Oh, good morning, Danny. And, yes, this stupid ice won't come off!"

'Wow, I was not expecting that ice to last this much. Mom's so going to haunt me down for this,' Danny thought, again imagining a furious Maddie attacking him in his ghost form. He shook the thought away and took a seat at the table. He poured some cereal in a bowl and munched on it calmly. He ate up, trying to get his thoughts straight, 'Okay, think. How should I tell them I'm king of the ghost zone without having making a big fuss about it? Well, Sam is pretty mature, she's fine. But Tucker is pretty much... the opposite... Wait, technically I'm not king yet. I'll be king once I turn eighteen, so that makes me... a prince? Hmm, I'm not sure if- focus, Fenton! Should I just fly in and go: 'Hey, guess what? I am the new king of the Ghost Zone! Surprise! My coronation is in eight months, you're both invited!' or --'  

Danny debated with his thoughts until something caught his attention; silence. He looked up at his mother and raised an eyebrow, "Mom, where is dad? I haven't heard the word 'fudge' in a while,"

Maddie looked up to face him, "Vlad called yesterday while we were driving home and he invited your father to Wisconsin for the week. He said something about football and a good business deal," she explained. 

"Wait, he invited dad alone? Not you? Not me? Just dad?"

Danny couldn't believe what he was hearing, Vlad obviously had something on his mind... but, what?

Maddie looked at him and processed her son's questions, he was right; Vlad never invites Jack to go alone. She narrowed her eyes, "Why does this sound suspicious?"

"Because the fruit loop has a giant and disturbing crush on you and and my dad is not good at doing business," Danny said in deadpan. Maddie nodded at him but didn't reply. She'd probably call Jack later in the day.

Danny picked up his bowl from the table once he finished his cereal and said goodbye to his mother. He walked out the front door and hid in an alley to transform into Phantom. He flew over to Sam's house, arriving a minute later. He flew in through her bedroom window, seeing both his best friends inside, "Hey guys, I'm glad your here," he greeted, transforming himself back to human.

Sam raised an eyebrow at him, "Well, this is my house. Where else would I be?" she joked.

"Yeah, and you told me to arrive ASAP because you had something important to say to us. Did you go to the Ghost Zone last night?" Tucker added, leaning towards the desk.

Danny nodded at him, "Yeah, I did. Clockwork showed up in my room last night, and he took me to the Clock Tower to explain a few things," he took a breath before continuing to sort out his thoughts, "There's a new heir to the crown; a new king of the Ghost Zone, basically," he continued, walking over to take a seat next to Sam on her bed, "Woah, who? Is it someone dangerous?" the goth asked in worry.