Chapter 4 - Business

Danny flew across Amity Park's night sky, it had been a little past a week since the news about Danny Phantom being next in line for the throne spread throughout the Ghost Zone and several ghosts were attacking him more frequently (and viciously). Just now, Danny had finished fighting off Spectra, which left him drained of energy and- well, miserable. He knew Spectra loved getting in his mind and destroying any and all signs of happiness. He tried his best to ignore her filthy comments, but she managed to beak him a little tonight, which angered Danny even more. He hung the Fenton Thermos that contained the evil therapist ghost on his belt and slowly flew down to his friends, a frown still on his face.

Danny let out a long sigh as he landed in front of his friends, "I'll say it. I hate my life," he grumbled, rubbing his sore neck.

"Oh, cheer up Danny. You love your life!" Sam cheered, "Yeah, dude. Plus, you got us," Tucker added,

"And we love you, too!"

"In completely different ways, of course," Tucker muttered, shooting an evil grin at his goth friend. Sam only rolled her violet eyes and opted to ignore his comment. She smiled at Danny again, "Don't let Spectra get in your head, okay? You know she feeds off your misery. Don't give her that satisfaction. You beat her. You won. Be happy!" she told him.

Danny actually smiled at his best friend's comments, not his usual big and bright smile, but a smile, nonetheless. It was no surprise that Sam and Tucker were his main source of happiness, but it did surprise him how quickly they could actually cheer him up. Especially with those small comments that may imply Sam having feelings for him. Yeah... that was definitely lightening up his mood.

"Why don't we all go home now? I really need some rest," Danny spoke. His two best friends nodded at him in agreement, "You also need some ice cream and movies," Tucker laughed, "Or some video games,"

"I'm not in a mood for any of that. I just want to take a shower and go to bed early," Danny explained.

Sam stared at him blankly, "Do you want us to stay over tonight?"

"Nah, you guys go home. I'm going to fly around for a while to ease my mind, then I'll go home to rest."

"Are you sure, dude?" the techno-geek asked in worry. Sure, Danny could take good care of himself, but he would have that protective brother attitude sometimes. Danny nodded at him in assurance, "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll see you two tomorrow, okay?"

Danny's friends nodded at him and bid him goodbye. Sam took a step forward and gave Danny a kiss on his cheek, "Be careful, okay? If you need anything, call me," she whispered, Danny nodding thankfully at her. The goth turned and began to walk away, heading to her house.

The young ghost boy turned and flew up in the night sky again, taking deep breaths as he let the fresh air hit his face. Flying had always made him happy, it made him feel free. He closed his eyes for a brief moment and enjoyed the silence. Soon, he heard two words that he knew all to well, "Time out," Clockwork said, his voice echoing.

Danny opened his eyes and looked at the Time Master expectantly, "Hey, Clockwork. What brings you here?"

"I've come to check up on you, and I need to tell you a few things, as well," the time ghost answered,

"Well, I'm tired. And I feel awful," Danny grumbled. Clockwork chuckled at the young ghost's response, "Yes, I am aware of your fight with Penelope,"

"Yeah. I hate her. She's vicious,"

"They're just angry, Daniel. It's really hard for them to accept that you will be their king soon,"

Danny sighed heavily at his words, "Are you sure that I'm really destined to be the king?" he asked tiredly, "It's been only a week and I already feel duped from their constant attacks,"