Chapter 50

After I met with Lexi two days ago I had somehow felt better about this whole pregnancy thing. I had tried getting myself to fully accept the fact that this has happened. Lexi may not even know it but her telling me about her personal experience had totally helped me to put things into perspective more. I had half a mind running away before but then I remembered how that had turned out for my Mom. When she got pregnant with me, she was so scared that she ran away from her family and for twenty two years, she hadn't been able to see or contact any of them. That almost took a toll on her and even though she never talked about them before I knew she must've missed them like crazy.

Fortunately, she was able to reunite with them and have the opportunity to meet her nieces and sister in law and catch up with the family. I didn't know if I would be that lucky. And running away now because of what had happened, would mean running away from mom. I don't think I would be able to part with her just like that. Even though I had decided that I may not be staying around Lucas for much longer if things didn't turn out the way that I hoped it would. I still hadn't told anyone about it, not even mom or Katie and Nora. I still needed to gather more confidence and courage to spit it out.

In a couple of nights, it would be mom's staff party and I didn't want to spoil things by dropping a bomb like that on her before the party. I had finally made up my mind to tell her but I was waiting until after the party to let her know. I was so nervous and anxious about tonight even if it was still a few hours away. Even Marcos had called me telling me he wanted us to have a father daughter lunch together. Usually I'd blow him off with some excuse why I couldn't make it but I decided that he was really trying so why not give him a chance. Maybe I should give him a chance to show me that he could be a great father even if he was late by twenty two years. I had agreed to meet him for lunch. He wanted to pick me up, I told him that I could get to the restaurant on my own.

I had gotten dress in a simple white floral dress and black wedge sandals and grab my things to leave. I still had Lucas's car keys-he told me to keep them so I wouldn't have too much problem getting to and from wherever I wanted to go.

"Oh Amy you look so nice." Greta smiled at me.

"Thanks Greta." I smiled back at her. "I'm meeting my father for lunch."

"Oh that's great. I still can't believe that Marcos is your Dad. What a small world huh?" Greta replied.

"I know right. I'm just glad I figured out soon though and hadn't like gotten involved with even Carter unknowingly because that would be just terrible." I chuckled."Anyway, I've got to go before I'm late."

The drive to the restaurant where we were meeting wasn't long since there wasn't much traffic. I got to the restaurant and parked quite easily without much issue, before making my way inside to meet Marcos. I was honestly surprised and disappointed seeing he also brought Adena since she was also sitting at the table with him.

"You've got to be kidding me Dad. We're having lunch with her?" Adena asked just as surprised as I was."If I had known. Dad you said we were..."

"I said that because I know you'd be stubborn enough not to show up." Marcos replied. "I needed the both of you here today."

"You know I really feel like leaving."

"Well why don't you? I'm not too happy about this little set up myself." I said to her cutting her off before turning to Marcos. "Hi. I thought when you said you wanted us to have a father and daughter bonding lunch, that meant just the two of us. You and me. I didn't know you meant father and daughters."

"Work with me here please Amy. Both of you." He said to me. "This sudden rift between the two of you is stupid."

"She started it," Adena whined like a child. "She is the hypocritical backstabber here."