Three

Paul stood against the hood of his truck between Jazmine's legs. She had her arms around his neck and his back to her chest.

"What are your Summer plans?" Jazmine asked quietly. Usually, his family went on a holiday for a few weeks at the beginning of the summer.

"I think Mom wants to skip the holiday this year to save money before I go to school." Paul shrugged and Jazmine nodded softly.

She knew it annoyed Paul that his mother would have to miss out on things to send him to college. He usually loved those holidays with his mother and sister.

"Sounds good. Dad won't make any solid holiday plans, it sounds like he's waiting for something which means Rachel might be coming home," Jazmine said and sighed when the bell rang.

"I'll see you later," She kissed his cheek and made her way into the school. When her hips were grabbed she laughed and rested her hands over Paul's.

"It's only one class, I'll be in history," she turned and jumped back when she came face to face with Jared. She reacted without thinking, punching Jared across the face and then clutching her hand to her chest.

"What are you doing?!" She asked.

"You didn't push me away," he grinned and Jazmine rolled her eyes.

"I thought you were Paul," She explained, her hand beginning to throb steadily.

"Sure." He laughed and walked away leaving Jazmine to clutch her hand and stare at him.

She went to class but wasn't able to write any notes with the pain in her hand. She asked for a pass to go see the Nurse and stared at her wrist which was definitely swollen.

/\/\

12:34

Jazzy: Punched Jared and hurt my wrist, collect my homework? x

Paul: What did he do? Of course xx

Jazzy: Grabbed my hips, at least tell me he has a black eye? x

Paul: Not a mark, but he will when I'm done with him. I'll call by later.

16:24

Paul: Haven't called over yet, getting my knuckles looked at.

Jazzy: What did you do? x

Paul: Left a mark.

Jazmine was trying to avoid using her bad hand and found she couldn't do the easiest things, like spread butter on a slice of bread.

She even struggled to open the front door due to the double latch.

Paul had a pile of papers in one hand and cradled the other to his chest. His knuckles were taped up and he was frowning.

"Need some ice?" Jazmine asked softly. He nodded and made his way in, dropping the papers on the coffee table.

"He said you didn't push him away," Paul cut straight to the chase. Jazmine scoffed and pulled the ice from the freezer. She then held up her right hand that was covered in a wrap bandage.

"Yeah, I got this for a completely different reason," she rolled her eyes and poured the ice into a towel and wrapped it up.

"He said that you only punched him when he threatened to tell me," Paul continued, less sure.

"So what, I'm cheating on you now because he's obviously on a little more than steroids?" Jazmine asked, passing him the ice and struggling to get the orange juice from the back of the fridge.

"No, I'm not saying that. I'm just letting you know what he said," Paul sat up on the stool and Jazmine sighed when she dropped the milk in her try to get the juice.

"You sound like you believe him," Jazmine groaned as she bent down to pick the milk, which was miraculously intact.

"He made a convincing argument," Paul spoke quietly and Jazmine turned to face him.

"Of course, he does. Jared could always make you believe what he wanted you to. But he did also turn his back on you for Sam Uley," Jazmine frowned and Paul stared at her.

"He said you've been texting back and forth," Paul pressed his lips together.

"Get out Paul," Jazmine sighed. She slammed the fridge door and kept her back to Paul.

"Jaz-"

"Get out of my house and stay out. Don't bother picking me up in the morning either," Jazmine kept her voice even until she heard the door close. She turned with the bottle of orange juice in her hand and threw it against the kitchen wall, watching it shatter.

"Jazmine, you okay?" Billy called as he rolled into the living room.

"I'm fine dad, don't come in here, there's broken glass everywhere," Jazmine sighed as she began picking up the larger pieces of glass.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jazmine really appreciated Jacob's ability to sense when she needed him. He talked Embry into giving her a ride to school and then they stuck around before classes, making sure to help her feel part of the conversation.

He didn't ask any questions about Paul and no one brought him up. Quil and Embry made every effort to help her feel comfortable and she smiled at them both.

Jared showed up looking no worse for wear and Jazmine made sure to keep her wrist out of his sight. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

She made her way to first class, Jacob practically walking her to her seat. She sat beside Kim Calloway in this class who had been supposedly hanging around with Jared.

She stared at Jazmine's wrist before rolling her eyes and muttering under her breath. Jazmine kept her eyes focused on her Physics teacher and ignored the looks.

She considered ditching history but gave up when she realised she really needed to go since she had skipped yesterday.

Paul was there, his knuckles haphazardly taped. He looked like he hadn't slept all night and Jazmine felt her heart skip a beat painfully.

She took her seat next to him, her knees brushing his under the table. He said nothing and Jazmine had a feeling he was holding his breath.

She waited and maybe two minutes later he cracked.

"I'm sorry," He whispered. Jazmine looked up at him before back to her textbook.

"I can't believe you took his word over mine," she sighed.

"I didn't, but baby, you know how scared I get and I know it's no excuse but I always feel like someone better is out there, waiting for you," Paul rushed out, relieved she was talking.

Jazmine rested her head on Paul's shoulder lightly and he sighed in relief, kissing her forehead.

"We'll talk later."