Seven

Jazmine was back to lying on the couch while her dad tried to accommodate her every need. She was clutching her stomach while crying most the time.

Occasionally she'd begin to shake and just when Billy thought she was gonna phase she'd calm herself down. It was a constant worry that he'd miss it or Jacob would get hurt in the crossfire.

Rebecca had a flight to catch but now she was debating if she should stay any longer. It was clear there was something severely wrong with Jazmine.

"I can't believe you won't bring her to the hospital just because Dr Cullen is up there. Dad, she could have appendicitis or something." Rebecca ranted.

"She got her appendix removed when she was six. It's just a virus that's going. Some other people on the Rez have had it lately and they're fine now." Billy rolled his eyes but he'd caught Jazmine's attention.

"Dad, I don't have what Jared and Sam had, do I?" She asked quietly and Billy frowned at her before shaking his head.

"I don't think so-"

"You're lying to me, don't fucking lie!" Jazmine yelled and stood up from the couch, her hands shaking. She was scared and angry, a bad combination.

"Jaz, don't swear at him." Rebecca snapped and Jazmine turned on her sister, both of her arms beginning to shake steadily.

"What's it to you?" Jazmine asked harshly. "You don't care, you took off the first chance you had, you didn't even finish high school."

"You can't judge me, we all know you have the same plans. How often will you come back from California?" Rebecca challenged.

"Well I'll tell you this much, I'd come home if you'd been hospitalised over anorexia and I certainly wouldn't ignore the calls." Jazmine spat. Rebecca stared at her sister, her eyes wide.

"She was my mother too you know. You weren't the only one who lost a mother. How as I supposed to support you when I couldn't even support myself?" Rebecca yelled.

"We're family! It's what you're supposed to do, you don't think, You just drop everything and you help. Where were you and Rachel when dad got his chair and Jacob and I were at our wit's end with all the changes?" Jazmine had a lot of pent up anger.

"Look, you aren't the victim, stop pretending you are. I'm here now, aren't I?" Rebecca asked softly.

"Because you need a loan off dad, turns out marrying a surfer wasn't the wisest decision you ever made, he doesn't earn much, does he?" Jazmine asked snidely.

"How did you- you told her?" Rebecca asked her father who shook his head.

"I heard you, last night. I heard you both." Jazmine knew by all rights she shouldn't have heard anything. They were whispering in the kitchen and she was in her room, the furthest from the kitchen.

"I'm leaving. I don't need this. I should have stayed in Hawaii."

"Damn right you should have." Jazmine watched her sister leave and her dad stared at her hands which were nearly vibrating.

"You okay?" He asked softly. He knew she couldn't control her anger and since she wasn't one to bottle things up her anger never stayed long enough to force her into phasing.

"I didn't mean to make it sound like you were a burden. It was just tough, Jake and I were so young." Jazmine sat down and Billy nearly groaned when her hands stopped shaking.

"It's okay, it was a big change for all of us Jaz, you don't have to be angry about these things. It's not healthy to bottle them up." Billy ran a hand over her back and she nodded.