Chapter 16

Axton POV

*7 Years Ago*

I feel a light tapping on my chest, drawing me out of my peaceful sleep. Sparks are erupting through my body from the soft pressure as my mate continues to poke me.

Keeping my eyes close, a small smile forms on my face, "You shouldn't poke a sleeping bear, sweetheart."

"Oh really?" she laughs quietly. I can feel her smiling at me even with my eyes close, "What about poking a sleeping Alpha?"

My eyelids peel apart, my eyes immediately connecting with hers. She is glowing in every way. My beautiful mate.

"Ah!" she laughs, "So he finally wakes up. It's about time, Axton. You have a meeting with your father, remember?" she reminds me.

"No, I don't think I do," I tease her.

"Oh really? It wasn't you who kept telling me yesterday to remind you to wake up in time?"

"No, I don't think so," I say as I roll over and hover above her.

She smiles up at me mischievously, "Then it must have been my other mate then?"

I growl at her lightly, "Mine."

I claim her lips at once, drawing her closer to me still. Every kiss we share is like the first one all over again. An explosion of fireworks goes off as we both fight for dominance. I win of course. Her hands pull at my hair, drawing me closer to her lips as my hands explore every curve and surface of her body.

She pulls away in need of more air, but I quickly move down to her neck and to her mark, causing her to moan as I suck at it.

"Axton, as much as I would love to stay in bed with you all day, you still have a meeting to get to," she says as she pushes on my shoulders. Lust and love clearly in her eyes as they probably are in mine.

"I think we should go with that first thought instead and just stay in bed," I tease, kissing her again.

"Axton," she breathes out.

"Ellie," I say as I move to hover over her again. She stares up at me as I get lost in her eyes once more.

As if she can't stand even the little amount of separation there as I can't, she closes the gap again with another heated kiss, "I love you Axton."

"I love you too Ellie," I tell her as I go in for another kiss. I just can't seem to stay away from her for even a moment since we fully mated.

"Good, cause if you truly love me, you will listen to me when I say that you need to leave for your meeting," she says as she pushes us both up into a sitting position.

I tighten my eyes at her, "You tricked me," I accuse.

Ellie smiles again, "Of course I did, sweetheart. If I don't, we will never leave this room and you need to make it to that meeting on time today."

"Fine," I give up, knowing she is right. Giving one last peck, I get out of bed and hop into the shower before getting ready for the day. When I finally come out, Ellie is sitting on the bed in just one of my t-shirts that has official become hers, "You know we could-" I start pulling her up into my arms before she cuts me off.

"No Axton. You have to go and I have things to do today as well," she says before giving me one last peck on the cheek and directing me toward the door, "Now go. I'll meet you at the bonfire tonight."

"Okay. I'll go endure another boring alpha meeting."

"Have fun!" she calls out as I leave. I can still hear her soft jingle of laughter through the door as my smile can't escape my face.