xiii. Magnus

Hey guys! Sorry to make you wait for a bit, but here's the new chapter! As always, feedback is very welcome, and any comments/votes/basically anything would be greatly appreciated! :) Thank you to everyone!!

~~

After spending about an hour laying in my bed feeling sorry for myself, I heard a knock on the door. I shot up from the bed, sitting on the edge. It wasn't likely that anyone would be visiting me this late, except for Alec. I couldn't help but smile a little, hoping he was coming back to apologize.

I took a deep breath, wiped my eyes and walked towards the door. "Alec," I began, opening the door, but stopped when I realized who it was. I stood there in shock for a few moments while she looked me up and down like her new prey.

"Magnus," she purred, twirling her silky blonde hair between her fingers. "Long time, no see." She smiled devilishly, her green eyes twinkling, and took a step past me into the apartment and looked around.

"Camille," I finally managed to stutter out. She turned on her black high heels and gave me a flirty smile. "What are you doing here?"

Camille Belacourt and I had a long, confusing history. We had known each other as children, but she had always carried a dislike for me, all until high school. We started dating when she was a junior and I was a senior. It was very on and off, and before this, Camille was known for getting her way with all of the guys. All my friends warned me that she was just playing games with me, but had I listened?

No.

Eventually, I graduated and bought a small apartment for the both of us to live together in, once she graduated, near the college we both were accepted into. Another year passed, and I thought I had found the love of my life. Until I found out she was cheating on me. She had been cheating on me ever since I graduated. I had loved her, more than anything, but she did not carry the same feelings for me.

So, I sold the apartment and started getting into the real estate business, which turns out, I'm a natural at. And now, here we are.

"Magnus," she said, placing a hand in her hip. "Don't be silly. I'm here for you."

"Me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow suspiciously. Camille and I hadn't communicated for three years, at least.

She smirked and took a step towards me, we were only inches apart now. I lowered my chin a bit to look her in the eyes. Her hand moved towards my chest, her fingers lazily tracing my skin.

"Of course I'm here for you," she smirked. "I've missed you, Magnus." She looked back up at me, her eyes wide and pleading. For a second, I was tempted.

Then I remembered how badly she had hurt me.

"No," I chuckled, using all of my willpower to step back. She looked hurt. "Tell me the truth, Camille," I demanded.

She frowned. "Magnus," she whispered. "I miss you."

I rolled my eyes. How could this night possibly get any worse? First, Alec tells me he's still in love with someone else, and then this?

"No," I said, my voice turning steely cold. "Stop lying, Camille! That's all you've ever done." She glared at me. "Why are you really here?"

Looking at me oddly, she seemed to contemplate for a few seconds before crossing her arms and sighing.

"Let's be honest, Magnus, shall we?" she spoke, her regular demeanor coming back as she tossed a lock of straight blonde hair behind her back.

"I suppose we should," I replied and crossed my arms.