xv. Magnus

Quick Q&A! :) Which do you guys prefer, Magnus chapters or Alec chapters? No preference? Don't worry, I won't take offense, I'd just like knowing which you all enjoy more :)

xv. Magnus

"Magnus," a voice whispered. There suddenly were hands on my shoulder, trying to shake me awake.

I rolled over with a groan. "Five more minutes," I pleaded and I heard Alec laugh.

"I guess I'll just leave, then."

I finally sat up, rubbing my eyes. The curtains were wide open, the sunlight shining through and annoyingly making everything too bright.

"Alexander," I said groggily. "Why do you have to have to schedule your classes so early?"

He gave me a confused smile. "It's eleven o'clock, Magnus."

I collapsed onto the bed with a dramatic sigh. "You say that as if it isn't basically the crack of dawn."

Alec crawled onto the bed, straddling me. "Okay, I seriously have to go now," he told me before leaning down to give me a quick kiss.

I wrapped my hands around his biceps. "Alec," I smiled lazily as he looked down at me. "Can't you just skip?"

He rolled his eyes. "I've already skipped two times this week for you." I couldn't help but smirk.

"What can I say, Alexander? I've got you wrapped around my finger."

"I actually have to go to class sometimes," he gave me a crooked half-smile.

"Ugh," I murmured. "Fine." I pushed him off me to the side. His blue eyes looked me over. He bit his lip.

I moved closer, but before anything happened, he shook his head and stood up. "See you later," he waved as he began walking out the door.

"Goodbye, Alexander!" I yelled as I heard the door close. I laid onto the bed with my hands resting on my chest, a warm feeling spreading throughout my body. I was pretty sure that feeling was love.

Alec had spent the last few days at my apartment, too afraid to go back and face Jace. I couldn't blame him, but I also knew that he couldn't solve his problem by running away. No matter how much I disliked Jace, he was Alec's best friend.

"Chairman Meow," I called and a few seconds later, my cat ran through the open door and jumped onto my bed. He nuzzled his head against my arm and I sighed again.

"Would it be bad if Alec just stayed here forever?" I asked him. I received a disappointing look from my cat. To be honest, I trusted my cat's judgement more than most people's.

"You're right," I muttered, sitting up. Chairman meowed softly before jumping back off the bed and running away.

I stood up, stretching before I walked into my closet. I knew Alec had to go home, but I didn't want him to leave. And after what happened with Camille, his presence made me feel safer, too. I scanned through the never ending rack of shirts and finally pulled out a suitable outfit.

Alec would get out of class around three and I decided that I would talk to him about going back. I didn't exactly know how I was going to convince him, but I knew it had to be done. He had to solve things with Jace.

The doorbell went off. Speak of the devil, I thought as I opened the door to find Jace with his hands folded together.

"James," I said flatly, pretending to forget his name.

"Jace," he corrected and I rolled my eyes. "Is Alec here?"

"No," I told him. "He's not here at the moment."

"Will he be back soon?"

"Yes." I checked my watch. "In about two hours."

"Great," Jace grinned. "I'll just wait here then." He pushed past me into my living room and flopped down onto the couch. "Nice place, Matthew."

"Magnus," I frowned as I moved to stand in front of him. "And no, you will not just wait here. Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"I didn't feel like going to class," Jace shrugged nonchalantly. "I needed to see Alec."

"How did you know he would be here?"

"Isabelle put a tracker in his phone," he answered with a smirk on his face. "You, know, the usual sisterly stuff."

"Ah," I noted. "Anyways, why don't you just come back, oh, in two hours? That way I don't have to deal with you."

Jace's smile dropped. "What?" he faked being shocked. "I thought we were best pals here, Magnus."

"Yeah," I sighed, sitting down next to him. "But I'd prefer if you left."

"Nada," he replied. "I'm not leaving here until Alec comes with me." He gave me a dirty look. "He's my roommate, after all."

"Trust me," I said. "I think he should go back too." I guess Jace and I had both found something to agree on. "I was planning on telling him that he needs to go when he comes back here."

"Uh-huh," Jace nodded. "But you see, unlike you, I'm going to make sure that it happens."

"Jace," I growled. "Alec will come home when he wants to."

This whole time, I hadn't really looked at him. Now that I did, I noticed tears in his eyes.

"Alec is like my brother, I don't think you understand," he said, his voice cracking. "I need him."

I gave an understanding nod. "Okay," I said. "He'll be home tonight," I promised. "You can count on me."

Jace gave me a skeptical look, but eventually gave a hopeful smile. "Thank you, Magnus."

I shrugged and then pointed towards the door. "It's just for Alec," I warned him.

"Oh," he said, remembering something. "I think this is usually something the best friend is obliged to say," he paused for a second, giving me a hard look. "If you hurt Alec, I just want you to know that I know various methods of inflicting extreme pain on others."

I raised an eyebrow, somewhat shocked by the threats, but also amused. "Don't worry," I reassured him. "I don't intend on hurting Alexander."

"Good," Jace said, and then left, closing the door gently behind him.

Even though I didn't like to admit that I even liked people, I began to think that maybe Jace could grow on me. Of course, I was still jealous of Alec's feelings towards Jace, but Alec told me that he had told Jace about us.

Not to mention the fact that Jace was probably the straightest person I know.

I felt my phone buzz from my back pocket and smiled as I saw a text from Alec pop up.

A: I'm really wishing I had chosen to skip

M: boring class?

A: nah, I just miss you

M: what about chairman meow??

A: haha. very funny magnus

For some unknown reason, Chairman Meow had developed a strong hatred for my boyfriend (and yes, I still felt giddy thinking of Alec as my boyfriend).

M: let's go out tonight

A: I think I'd be fine just staying in your bed cuddling, like we have been for the past week.

M: as tempting as that is, you know what a party animal i am, alexander! ;)

A: fine. but only for you.

I smiled as I turned my phone off. I would take Alec on a fantastic, magical date and then he would completely listen to me and go back to his dorm and reconcile with Jace! In my head it seemed like a brilliant plan, but I knew it would be much harder than that. He didn't wanted to leave as much as I wanted him to say. And then multiply that by, like, one thousand.

"C'mon, Chairman Meow," I called, walking into my room with my best game face on.

"We've got a battle to prepare for."